Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
My students are trained to be English teachers and there is a booklet with English texts and assignments for them called "School Practice". Does this title sound all right? Will it be better to change it to "Teaching Practice" or both variants are possible?:?:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I'd use only 'Teaching Practice'. However, there may be English-speaking parts of the world where 'School Practice' is the term used.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
My students are trained to be English teachers and there is a booklet with English texts and assignments for them called "School Practice". Does this title sound all right? Will it be better to change it to "Teaching Practice" or both variants are possible?:?:

Teaching Practice, in BrE, is when a student teacher spends some time on placement in a school, teaching under the supervision of a qualified teacher.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Teaching Practice, in BrE, is when a student teacher spends some time on placement in a school, teaching under the supervision of a qualified teacher.
That's what I was referring to.

Sorry, englishhobby. I did not read your question carefully enough. I would not call a booklet with English texts and assignments Teaching Practice or School Practice.

englishhobby

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
That's what I was referring to.

Sorry, englishhobby. I did not read your question carefully enough. I would not call a booklet with English texts and assignments Teaching Practice or School Practice.

The matter is that this booklet is made for studying English, not methodology. We have such booklets of texts and exercises on some topics according to the curriculum. Alongside with topics "Family", "Travelling", "Sport" and the like we have this topic "Teaching Practice". When studying it they share their experience about their first guided teaching practice with other students (in English), discuss various topics related to the subject, make up dialogues which (hopefully) also contributes to improving their speaking skills.

So, it's "Teaching Practice" then.

Status
Not open for further replies.