Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Some rivers have very large basins while others of ..... drain much smaller basins.
a. lengthy equal
b. lengthy equally
c. equal length
d. equally lengthy

Personally I think the option c should be correct but in the answer sheet the option b is correct.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
You are correct. Option b is not English.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Was that a test question from a textbook or from your teacher? If from a textbook, I would seriously consider getting a different textbook. If it was by your teacher, I suggest you print out this list of comments and take them to your teacher.

We can absolutely assure you that "Some rivers have very large basins while others of lengthy equally drain much smaller basins" is not correct English at all.

Option C is the only possible answer.

atabitaraf

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Was that a test question from a textbook or from your teacher? If from a textbook, I would seriously consider getting a different textbook. If it was by your teacher, I suggest you print out this list of comments and take them to your teacher.

We can absolutely assure you that "Some rivers have very large basins while others of lengthy equally drain much smaller basins" is not correct English at all.

Option C is the only possible answer.
I do appreciate your consideration, thanks.
It was from a kind of an entrance exam for architecture engineers. And I'm so sorry for the students who are examined via such questions. But maybe the problem was due to a mistake in arranging the answer-sheet. Anyway, the students have to suffer.:-(

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Mistakes do creep in with some tests- they need to be seriously checked to eliminate such errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.