Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Hello evryone,

My name is Ismahan Noura and I am a new member in this forum through which I hope that I will improve my English.

I guess that as English learners we always would like to have something new to learn about, new vocabulary and words. So , what do you think about learning the language through games like scrabble, cross words, finish the story, my time to guess…etc. I would be happy to read your point of views. :)

noppanat

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
I don't think playing games are the way we learn English but it's the time to play after we have learnt.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I don't think playing games are the way we learn English but it's the time to play after we have learnt.
It depends on the learners, but many teachers find that their learners enjoy games, and find them a very pleasant way to improve their language skills.

kaeraz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello,

I think learning English by games can be usefull if you play with other people though. It provides a peace of casual conversation atmosphere that helps people to talk more open in foreign language. In my opinion, funny games are strongly recommended to people who already achived some level in English and can speak more comprehensive. At this point is important to add that people who are not open in a talk might stay quiet or silent during the game and only adventage of it for them might be hearing words pronunciations.

SergeyP

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
To improve my English skills I used to play in games with lot of communication, like RPG or Quests. But, I think, to read books / Wikipedia / magazines is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.