See the red bits above!Hi teachers,
If this is what the students will hear:
Alex looked at her. It was true. He was hungry and tired and dirty. And afraid … but not
of this old woman, ‘Thank you very much,’ he said.
The old woman’s name was Marta. Her house was very small, but she
put some wonderful hot food in front of Alex. He ate quickly, Marta
Are these suitable questions to ask?
1. Was Alex full, fresh, and clean? No he wasn’t. He was hungry, tired, and dirty. Yes.
2. Was Alex scared of that old woman? No he wasn’t. Yes.
3. What did Marta’s house look like? It was very small. "What was Marta's house like?" is better.
4. What did she place in front of him? She placed some wonderful hot food. You could make it just a little harder by saying "What did she place before him?"
5. What did each person do after that? Alex ate quickly and Marta watched him. "What did they do then?" would be OK.
Thanks in advance.