Welcome to the forums. Please remember to capitalise the personal pronoun "I".Hello,
First of all, i present myself, Iīm Yitan and i hope to find all the help that i need in this forum, and try to help other people too :)
I have test questions and some of them i really donīt understand (i have the answers).
1) Would you like to go out with me tonight?a) Yes, i would likeWhy could not be the a) ? Is because of the like? Yes.
b) No, i wouldnīt
c) Yes, i do
d) No, i donīt
2) This is the first sunny day we _______ in the last two weeks.a) haveI donīt understand why canīt be the others a) is also possible.
b) are having
d) have had
3) Four years from now, if i ______ the training, i ______ an engineer like my father-a) had had; would have becomeWhy canīt be the option c) ? In spanish is (Si tengo el entrenamiento seré ingeniron no?)
b) had; become
c) have; will become c) is correct, d) is not.
d) will have; will become
4) There is ______ furniture in this house.a) "b" and "d" are correctIt canīt be some because is "is" right?(it should be There are some furniture?) You canīt say There are "no" furniture right? b) and d) are both possible.
5) Choose the right sentence.a) I need any new jeansI donīt have this answer but i suppose that is the d option right? Jeans is "no countable noun" right? d) is correct.
b) I need a new jean
c) I needed a new jeans
d) I needed some new jeans
6) Choose the right sentencea) The police patrols the cityI answered the B) but is seems that is the D, i dont understand very well.
b) The police patrol the city
c) The police is patrolling the city b) is correct.
d) The police doesnīt patrol the city
7) Edgar had an operation. He is _____ hospital.a) in theI have read in this forum that you can say "in the" so in this case the a option should be ok too? Both a) and c) are possible, a) is American English.
d) at the
8) That blue bicycle on the corner is ______.a) the Johnīs bicycleWhy canīt you say the a) option? obviously the b and c are not possible but the a one?
b) Johnīs the bicycle
c) the Johnīs the bicycle
d) Johnīs bicycle
Thank you very much for the help, maybe is very easy the questions but my final exam is in one month and I want to have clear all these things.
Congratulations for the forum, it is very helpful
Student or Learner