• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

"Come out the other end"

"The next step in this idea is to realize that thousands of other people have gone through what you are going through and come out the other end. They have made it through and won. They haven’t died, lost hope or given up. They have faced the very same thing as you (whatever it is) and they have come out the other end. Never forget this."

I have checked "Come out" and "The other end" in dictionaries but understanding the meaning of words in separate doesn’t help. In other words, you can't rely on dictionaries when words are combined. To my best knowledge, having good command of English means understanding word meaning from the context. Besides, "Make it through" has been checked and replied "Survive a difficulty". Question: Does "Come out the other end" mean "Made it through and won?" Is "Give up" an antonym for "Come out the other end?"

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: "Come out the other end"

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa Dawn View Post

"The next step in this idea is to realize that thousands of other people have gone through what you are going through and come out the other end. They have made it through and won. They haven’t died, lost hope or given up. They have faced the very same thing as you (whatever it is) and they have come out the other end. Never forget this."

I have checked "Come out" and "The other end" in dictionaries but understanding the meaning of words in separate doesn’t help. In other words, you can't rely on dictionaries when words are combined. To my best knowledge, having good command of English means understanding word meaning from the context. Besides, "Make it through" has been checked and replied "Survive a difficulty". Question: Does "Come out the other end" mean "Made it through and won?" Is "Give up" an antonym for "Come out the other end?" I think, in the context presented, that you could make that assumption.

Very nice analysis/assessment.