Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Afghanistan
Please explain me the below email from our customer. He put us in CC-line while inquiring from our clients.

Mr. ........
According to the documents I have 4-2 BDE is supposed to be the primary
COR. According to what SFC Saylor and LT May left I am not to be
nominated as COR for this Contract.
Thank you,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please explain me the below email from our client. He put us in CC-line while inquiring from our clients.

Mr. ........
Thank you,

Given that I have no idea what 4-2 BDE, COR, SFC Saylor and LT May are (although I assume the last two are names), it's hard to tell what it all means but here are the main points:

The writer has some documents which suggest that "4-2 BDE" should be the primary COR. However, Saylor and May have left some other documents/information, the writer is not a nominee for the COR of the contract. I can only assume that the writer is somehow "4-2 BDE" and was expecting to become the "primary COR" but some other information has now come to light which shows that not to be the case.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please explain me the below email from our customer. He put us in CC-line while inquiring from our clients.

Mr. ........
Thank you,
This is a bit difficult to translate but I will have a go at it. COR seems to mean contractor of record. Coupled with "primary", I assume it means that the writer thought that he would be the primary contractor of record - the main contractor. After reading (?) what 4-2 BDE and LT May, left him it appears that he will not be nominated, though this is a strange way to say that one has been successful in getting awarded a contract. In essence, he is complaining that, while he thought he would get the contract, 4-2 BDE actually got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.