Formal e-mail to a university, is it correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex15

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi! So I need to write an e-mail to some universities asking the entry requirements for international students, I wrote this but I don't know if I should correct some things. I'd really appreciate any help with this. This is the e-mail:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing you to request more information about your Engineering course at ____ University. I am really interested in this course and I would love to apply for it in your remarkable university in 2014.

I’m currently studying 1º de Bachillerato in Spain so firstly I would like to ask you about this qualification: could you please indicate if the Spanish Bachillerato is one of your accepted qualifications? If so, I would be grateful if you could indicate the academic entry requirements of _____ University for the Spanish students as well.

Secondly, I would greatly appreciate some information about the English Language Requirements for EU Applicants from a non English speaking country. I also would like to ask the following question: would I be classed as a home/EU student or international student for fees purposes?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you so much in advance!

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi! So I need to write an e-mail to some universities asking the entry requirements for international students, I wrote this but I don't know if I should correct some things. I'd really appreciate any help with this. This is the e-mail:

Dear Sir or Madam,

[STRIKE]I am writing you [/STRIKE] This is to request more information about your Engineering course at ____ University. I am [STRIKE]really[/STRIKE] extremely interested in this course and I [STRIKE]would love [/STRIKE] am anxious to apply for it in your [STRIKE]remarkable[/STRIKE] renowned university for admission in 2014.

[STRIKE]I’m[/STRIKE] (avoid contractions in formal correspondence) I am currently studying 1º de Bachillerato in Spain so [STRIKE]firstly[/STRIKE] first, I would like to [STRIKE]ask you about this [/STRIKE] inquire about qualification and in particular, [STRIKE] could you please indicate if [/STRIKE] is the Spanish Bachillerato [STRIKE] is [/STRIKE] one of your accepted qualifications? If so, I would be grateful if you could indicate the academic entry requirements of _____ University for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Spanish students [STRIKE]as well[/STRIKE].

[STRIKE]Secondly[/STRIKE] Second, I would greatly appreciate some information about the English language requirements for EU Applicants from a non-English speaking country [STRIKE]. I also would like to ask the following question:[/STRIKE] and, if accepted and enrolled, would I be [STRIKE]classed [/STRIKE] classified as a home/EU student or as an international student for fees purposes?

Thank you in advance for your attention to [STRIKE]this matter[/STRIKE] my request. I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours [STRIKE]faithfully[/STRIKE] sincerely,

[STRIKE]Thank you so much in advance[/STRIKE]!

Suggestions. Good luck.

Alex15

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Thanks a lot!! Your post really helped me. Let me ask you one last question please, because I forgot to add the scholarship thing! Do you thing it would be correct if after "and, if accepted and enrolled, would I be classified as a home/EU student or as an international student for fees purposes?" I added: "Would I be elegible for any scholarship?"? Thanks again!

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks a lot!! Your post really helped me. Let me ask you one last question please, because I forgot to add the scholarship thing! Do you thing it would be correct if after "and, if accepted and enrolled, would I be classified as a home/EU student or as an international student for fees purposes?" I added: "Would I be elegible for any scholarship?"? Thanks again!

I would add, "And finally, would I ........"

IreneFernandez

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
UK
Hi There,

I need to get in contact with several universities to obtain some information about BA "top up" courses in Graphic Design. I have been rejected for Camberwell so need to try other options. I would extremely appreciate that you guys aware me about any correction that need to be done in the below mail. Many thanks in advance!

To whom it may concern

Request for BA (Hons) for Graphic & Media Design (top up)

I am currently a second year student at Camberwell College of Arts, doing my final year in Fda Graphic Design. I am interested in your BA (Hons) in Graphic & Media Design (top up) program.

I am writing to you with the desire to top up my third year at Hereford College of Arts. I am highly interested in attending your university. I would appreciate to know if you are happy to consider late applications and further information.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to your acceptance.

Sincerely yours,

Irene Fernandez
ireire@outlook.com

Status
Not open for further replies.