Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Teacher, is this sentence OK?

I spent $100 buying office supplies and attached is the receipt. Please reimburse me for that amount.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I spent $100 buying office supplies and attached is the receipt. Please reimburse me for that amount.

You don't really need "spent" and "buying".

I spent $100 on office supplies. The receipt is attached. Please arrange reimbursement of the full amount asap. Thank you.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Or "This is the receipt for office supplies I purchased at your (shop, store, outlet etc.). Please arrange for reimbursement and send to me at............" No need to state amount. It's on the receipt.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Bill, I believe the note is to an employer, not the to the place where the items were purchased.
I find it helpful to have the amount in the cover letter. Photocopies of receipts can be blurry, but the cover letter text will be clear. And there will be copies when reimbursements are needed.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
OK thanks. I misunderstood the context and in particular the term "reimbursement" vs. refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.