Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Recruitment 1: Job advertising

Complete the conversation with words or expressions from the box.Recruitment 1: Job advertising
advance /application /basic/ salary/ benefits /candidate /colleagues
commencing /commission/ covering letter /CV /drive (noun)/ experience
incentive /increment/ interview/ leading (adjective)/ motivate/ post/ qualified
relocation /allowance/ responsibilities/ rewards package/ team /vacancy

Terry: I'm looking at the jobs pages in the paper. There's something here I like the sound of.
Modus International, a 1.__________ supplier of car parts, has a 2. __________ for
the 3. __________ of Sales Manager in their Brighton office.
Sandra: That sounds like your kind of job. When does it begin?
Terry: Let me see. Er, 4. __________ April 1st, it says here. That's in three weeks' time.
Sandra: You'd better get your 5. __________ in, if you're interested. What else does it say
about the job?
Terry: It says that the successful 6. __________ should be suitably 7. __________ and
should have had extensive 8. __________ in sales management.
Sandra: That sounds perfect. You've got a University degree in Business Management, and
you've been working in sales for more than five years.
Terry: I suppose so. It also says that he or she should be able to work as part of a
9. __________, and should have 10. __________ and the ability to 11. __________
and inspire his or her 12. __________.
Sandra: Well, that's great! You've always got on with the people you work with, and
everyone is always saying how you're able to encourage people to work harder.
Terry: That's true. It also says that the 13. __________ include liaising with colleagues
around the country, training new staff and presenting a full report to the board of
directors twice a year.
Sandra: It all sounds quite good. What's the company offering in return?
Terry: The 14. __________ they're offering looks very attractive. It includes a
15. __________ of £25000 per annum…
Sandra: What does that mean?
Terry: Well, that's the minimum amount of money that you can earn during the year. In
addition to that,they're offering 10% 16. __________ on all sales made.
Terry: Exactly. There's also a guaranteed annual 18. __________ of £1500, and a
19. __________ of £2500.
Sandra: What's that for?
Terry: To pay me for moving to the area, finding somewhere to live, and so on. Oh, and
there are other 20. __________, such as a company car, free medical and dental
insurance and free meals in the canteen. It also says that there is room to
21. __________, so I might end up with an even better job within the company.
Sandra: Well, that's a good 17. __________. The more you work, the more you sell.
And the more you sell, the more money you'll make!
Sandra: So what should you do if you're interested in applying for the job?
Terry: It says I should send my 22. __________, together with a 23. __________,to their
head office in Sheffield. If the company is interested, they'll contact me to arrange an
24. __________ at one of their offices nearer home.

I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE!CAN ANY ONE TO BE FAITHFULL WITH ME AND GIVE ME HELP!!!<3

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, pretty crazy. :hi:

We like to help when we can, but we don't help with homework assignments. Your teachers want to know what you can do, not what we can do.

pretty crazy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Thans you're right ,the problem is that I was in very hard situation so I stopped my studiesand itwas very difficult tocarry on !well!thans I should try answeringand post them focorrection manythanks!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks. You're right. The problem is that I was in very hard situation so I stopped my studies and it was very difficult to carry on! [STRIKE]well![/STRIKE] Thanks. I should try answering and post them for correction. Many thanks!

Are you no longer studying formally? Where did you find the exercise that you have posted?

When you try the exercise yourself, please make it easier to read for us. Please put a line space between each numbered line. At the moment, it is very messy and hard to read. Please also look at your spacing. In post #3, several of your words were joined together incorrectly. Note that you cannot copy and paste on the forum because it makes the formatting go wrong. You need to type everything in yourself.

Also note the amendments I made to your post, marked above in red. You spelt "thanks" incorrectly twice. I'm sure you actually know how to spell it correctly so you just need to be more careful when you type.

pretty crazy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Ok!thanks in advance !

well! this is my answers:

1_drive 2_Basic salary 3_commission 4_commencing 5_CV 6_application 7_incentive 8_qualified 9_team 10_ experience 11_ candidates 12_post 13_reponsabilities 14_reward pakage 15_relocation allowance 16_increment 17_advance 18_incentive 19_motivate 20_benefits 21_vacancy 22_colleges 23_qualified 24_interview

wish some one to help me if there're mistakes and I think so :) thanks in advance!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
OK![STRIKE]thanks in advance ! [/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]well![/STRIKE] These [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are my answers:

1_drive 2_Basic salary 3_commission 4_commencing 5_CV 6_application 7_incentive 8_qualified 9_team 10_ experience 11_ candidates 12_post 13_reponsabilities 14_reward pakage 15_relocation allowance 16_increment 17_advance 18_incentive 19_motivate 20_benefits 21_vacancy 22_colleges 23_qualified 24_interview

I [STRIKE]wish[/STRIKE] hope [STRIKE]some one[/STRIKE] someone [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] can help me if [STRIKE]there're[/STRIKE] there are mistakes (and I think [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] there are). [STRIKE]thanks in advance![/STRIKE]

That is even more difficult to read than the original! You need to post again, I'm afraid. It should like a little like post #1 but with a line's space between each speaker, like this:

Terry: I'm looking at the jobs pages in the paper. There's something here I like the sound of.
Modus International, a 1.__________ supplier of car parts, has a 2. __________ for
the 3. __________ of Sales Manager in their Brighton office.

Terry: Let me see. Er, 4. __________ April 1st, it says here. That's in three weeks' time.

Sandra: You'd better get your 5. __________ in, if you're interested. What else does it say
about the job?

I suggest you post the whole conversation, laid out like that, and put your suggested answers in each space.

pretty crazy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Thanks so much but you didn't correct my mistakesin answers :) thankyou!

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
We are not trying to make things hard for you, and really want to help people who want to learn, but please read this part again:
I suggest you post the whole conversation, laid out like that, and put your suggested answers in each space

It's not fair to expect us to scroll up and down, up and down. If you think that "interview" is the answer for that last blank, then write "interview" in that spot in a different color so we know it's your answer.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks so much but you didn't correct my mistakesin answers :) thankyou!

I am well aware of what I did and what I didn't do. I explained what I had done in my post. You need to go back and read it all again.

pretty crazy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Modus International, a 1. drive supplier of car parts, has a 2.candidate for
the 3.post of Sales Manager in their Brighton office.

Terry: Let me see. Er, 4. Commencing April 1st, it says here. That's in three weeks' time.

Sandra: You'd better get your 5. CV in, if you're interested. What else does it say
about the job?

Terry: It says that the successful 6. Application should be suitably 7.incentive and
should have had extensive 8. Increment in sales management.

Sandra: That sounds perfect. You've got a University degree in Business Management, and

Terry: I suppose so. It also says that he or she should be able to work as part of a
9. team, and should have 10. Experience and the ability to 11. motivate
and inspire his or her 12 .advance.

Sandra: Well, that's great! You've always got on with the people you work with, and

Terry: That's true. It also says that the 13.post include liaising with colleagues
around the country, training new staff and presenting a full report to the board of
directors twice a year.

Terry: The 14. Covering letter they're offering looks very attractive. It includes a
15. basic salary of £25000 per annum…

Terry: Well, that's the minimum amount of money that you can earn during the year. In
addition to that,they're offering 10% 16. commitsson on all sales made.
Sandra: Well, that's a good 17. Application. The more you work, the more you sell.

Terry: Exactly. There's also a guaranteed annual 18. Rewards package of £1500, and a
19.recollation allowance of £2500.

Terry: To pay me for moving to the area, finding somewhere to live, and so on. Oh, and
there are other 20 .benefits, such as a company car, free medical and dental
21.vacancy, so I might end up with an even better job within the company.

Terry: It says I should send my 22team, together with a 23. leading,to their
head office in Sheffield. If the company is interested, they'll contact me to arrange an
24. interview at one of their offices nearer home.

pretty crazy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Please! I really need help in correcting my mistakes :oops:
Thanks in advance!

pretty crazy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
I really need your help ,since I'm a biiginner .Thanks in advance !

JustAlilBit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Lithuanian
Home Country
Lithuania
Current Location
Lithuania
I really need your help ,since I'm a biiginner .Thanks in advance !
Not a teacher. Pretty crazy, stop flooding! What I know that these teachers are good, but they are not going to correct all your "writing" mistakes you can make grammar mistakes, but when everything is messed up it's hard to understand you and now I think that you are illiterate. If you can't write in English correctly please download "Mozzila Firefox" this explorer corrects mistakes automatically. Nobody is going to do your homework for you just sit tight and work for yourself. =)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Modus International, a 1. drive supplier of car parts, has a 2.candidate for
the 3.post of Sales Manager in their Brighton office.

Terry: Let me see. Er, 4. Commencing April 1st, it says here. That's in three weeks' time.

Sandra: You'd better get your 5. CV in, if you're interested. What else does it say
about the job?

Terry: It says that the successful 6. Application should be suitably 7.incentive and
should have had extensive 8. Increment in sales management.

9. team, and should have 10. Experience and the ability to 11. motivate
and inspire his or her 12 .advance.

Terry: That's true. It also says that the 13.post include liaising with colleagues
directors twice a year.

Terry: The 14. Covering letter they're offering looks very attractive. It includes a
15. basic salary of £25000 per annum…

addition to that,they're offering 10% 16. commitsson on all sales made.
Sandra: Well, that's a good 17. Application. The more you work, the more you sell.

Terry: Exactly. There's also a guaranteed annual 18. Rewards package of £1500, and a
19.recollation allowance of £2500.

there are other 20 .benefits, such as a company car, free medical and dental
21.vacancy, so I might end up with an even better job within the company.

Terry: It says I should send my 22. team, together with a 23. leading,to their
24. interview at one of their offices nearer home.

Firstly, prettycrazy, you really need to learn to be patient. We are all volunteers here, we have a lot of posts to deal with and yours is long and certainly wasn't simple to read at the start. Thank you for rewriting it so we could read it. Your posts of 22.20 and 22.26 were unnecessary and very poorly written. Posts like that will not encourage us to help you.

So - your answers. I am going to list the ones which are incorrect and then you can have another try:

13 (look at the next word for a clue)
16 - Correct word, wrong spelling
19 - Correct choice, wrong spelling again
22 - Really? Is it likely that you are being asked to send a team?
23 - Is leading a noun?

Some of your errors are understandable. Some are just not. Check every one of those 24 words in a dictionary again and then read each individual sentence to see if you can see how your choices are incorrect.

pretty crazy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Thanks sir and I'm so sorry because I bothered you !I'll try and then repost the answers :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks [STRIKE]sir[/STRIKE] and I'm so sorry because I bothered you! I'll try again and then repost the answers. :)

Don't worry about bothering us but it is important that you take our suggestions and follow them.
There is no need to try to address us as "Sir" (or "Madam") - our gender is irrelevant and, in this case, you chose the wrong one anyway.

pretty crazy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Thanks ,this is really a part of your tolerance as a a great teacher.Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.