Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Could anyone check my text?It isn't a essay, I am practicing with small question.
I thanks in advanced.

What do you do in your spare time?

I try to have a balanced life but at moment my priority is spend time with my two kids. When I not with them, I manage my free time to work out, cook my own food (when is possible), enjoy my girlfriend, read a good book, meet with my friends to chart, go to church, and update my posts on Face Book and LinkedIn. Lately I have been teaching my kids to ride bicycle and read wonderful book ``The Power of Now``.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
What do you do in your spare time?

I try to have a balanced life but at the moment my priority is to spend time with my two kids. When I am not with them, I manage my free time to work out, cook my own food (whenever possible), enjoy time with my girlfriend, read a good book, meet with my friends to chat, go to church, and update my posts on Facebook and LinkedIn. Lately I have been teaching my kids to ride their bicycles and read a wonderful book: "The Power of Now".

Rover

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm confused by your last sentence. Have you been teaching your kids to ride their bikes and you have also been reading a very good book? Or have you been teaching your kids to ride their bikes and also teaching them to read a very good book? It's ambiguous.

MauroBrasil

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
I'm confused by your last sentence. Have you been teaching your kids to ride their bikes and you have also been reading a very good book? Or have you been teaching your kids to ride their bikes and also teaching them to read a very good book? It's ambiguous.

First of all thanks, I would like to thank you for taking time to look my text. I realy appreciate. In the last sentence, what I mean is the first one. I have been teaching my kids to ride their bikes and I also been reading a very good book called ``The Power of Now``.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
To avoid ambiguity then, swap the two pieces of information over.

Lately, I've been reading a great book called "XXXX" and teaching my kids to ride a bike.

MauroBrasil

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.