[Vocabulary] Our English books _____ 6 units.contain or include?

Status
Not open for further replies.

on the way

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The question goes as above. Even though I've consult the dictionary, I'm still not sure about the answer, and I think either is ok. So I would really appreicate it if anyone could help me with that. Thank you. Sorry for the trouble again.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
The question goes as above. Even though I've consult the dictionary, I'm still not sure about the answer, and I think either is ok. So I would really appreicate it if anyone could help me with that. Thank you. Sorry for the trouble again.

Of the two I would use "contain".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The question goes as above. Even though I've consulted the dictionary, I'm still not sure about the answer, and I think either is [STRIKE]ok[/STRIKE] OK. So I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me. [STRIKE]with that[/STRIKE]. Thank you. [STRIKE]Sorry for the trouble again.[/STRIKE]

I would use "contain" too. Although, I would prefer simply "Our English books have six units" or "Our English books consist of six units".

You really don't need to apologise for troubling us. That's what we're here for.;-)

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Me too- if you use include, then it implies that the books contain 6 units and other stuff.

on the way

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thank you all.Words can't express how grateful I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.