Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Hello everyone,

While I was studying the adverbs, I have looked for the adverb of these words but I did not find them. So, do you have an idea about the adverb of these two words “to attain- to indicate”. Is it possible to find some words without adverbs??? :roll:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello everyone,

While I was studying the adverbs, I have looked for the adverb of these words but I did not find them. So, do you have an idea about the adverb of these two words “to attain- to indicate”. Is it possible to find some words without adverbs??? :roll:

I'm not sure you quite understand what an adverb does. It describes how a verb is done. An adverb does not have its base in a verb.

He does it quickly. (Verb = to do; Adjective from which the adverb is taken = quick; adverb = quickly)

There are lots of adverbs which could be attached to your given verbs.

He attained it easily.
She will attain it quickly.

He indicated it excitedly.

Ismahan Noura

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Well, thank you Sir. But Still I am confused:
I know that the adjectives of the following verbs are: indicative – attainable ; yet, is there any adverbs for these adjectives??? Can we say : indicatively – attainably ?????

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
????[/STRIKE]
'Indicatively' is noted in some dictionaries, but there is only one citation for it in the Corpus of Contemporary American English. 'Attainably' also has one citation, but I have been unable to find it in any of the dictionaries (over 100) at onelook.com.

Please don't address us as 'sir'. We are not that formal here, and some of us are female.
One question mark per question is sufficient.

Ismahan Noura

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Thank you so much 5jj , now it is really clear for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.