Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
hi my english is not my first language. my bf and i are celebrating our 1st year anniversary and i would like to write something meaningful. here goes:

We are of two different people; we have polar opposite view of things. In the grand scheme of things, that is not important. Everything I am not, you are and vice versa. I always believe a great team consists of people with different skills and views. Let our differences be the anchor of our relationship. That's how we complement and complete each other.
Baby Happy 1st year anniversary. I wish you all the best in life and I hope I have the privilege to celebrate and rejoice when you succeed.

can anyone help me to improve this as english is his first language? i want it to be perfect. thanks!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi. [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] English is not my first language. My [STRIKE]bf[/STRIKE] boyfriend and I are celebrating our 1st [STRIKE]year[/STRIKE] anniversary and I would like to write something meaningful. Here goes:

We are [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] two different people; we have polar opposite views. [STRIKE]of things.[/STRIKE] In the grand scheme of things, that is not important. Everything I am not, you are and vice versa. I always believe a great team consists of people with different skills and views. Let our differences be the anchor of our relationship. That's how we complement and complete each other.
Baby, Happy 1st [STRIKE]year[/STRIKE] anniversary. I wish you all the best in life and I hope I have the privilege to celebrate and rejoice when you succeed.

Can anyone help me to improve this as English is his first language? I want it to be perfect. Thanks!

Your message to your boyfriend was actually very good and well-written. It is important that it contains your true feelings so I have only made a couple of basic amendments.
We say either "one-year anniversary" or "first anniversary" (but not "first year anniversary").

Your message was much better written than the rest of your thread though. In your message to your boyfriend, you used correct capitalisation (first letter of every new sentence and the word "I"), yet throughout the rest of your thread, you didn't. Please remember that it is important to always follow the rules of written English. I had to make many corrections (in red) to the other parts of your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.