Could you check my scholarship statement of purpose, please ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
So here's my scholarship statement of purpose , I'm going to apply for medicine so it's based on that. I [STRIKE]still[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]didn't close[/STRIKE] haven't finalised it yet though.

Two years ago I graduated from high school. I was full of excitement and ambition to start my university studies, and since it will be my first year of education in my home country (Sudan), I was even more excited. My desire was to study medicine, so I studied hard and got good results [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] which qualified me to enter [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] medical school in Sudan. I [STRIKE]got the[/STRIKE] gained admission but unfortunately I couldn't [STRIKE]catch the semester[/STRIKE] start studying there immediately, [STRIKE]and that was for[/STRIKE] due to circumstances beyond my [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] control.

One year later I applied [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to the local university – University of Tabuk - KSA. I started studying the preparatory year [STRIKE]putting[/STRIKE] when my main goal [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] was to achieve my ambition. In this year we studied the following subjects: Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English and Computer Science, all in English. [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] I finished [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]scoring[/STRIKE] with a score of 4.91 out of 5.00. It was an excellent score [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] which qualified me to [STRIKE]enter[/STRIKE] apply for any of the university’s [STRIKE]respectful[/STRIKE] respected majors including the medical majors, but due to the strict [STRIKE]procedures towards[/STRIKE] controls on [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] foreign students [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at the university, [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] I wasn’t able to choose any of those majors.

I still [STRIKE]have the[/STRIKE] hope and [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] believe that someday I’ll achieve my “wish”. I [STRIKE]actually think[/STRIKE] believe that during [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] the aforementioned period I gained [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] a lot of knowledge and [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] experience. [STRIKE]Since I studied[/STRIKE] Taking the preparatory year [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] added a lot to my experience and now I know [STRIKE]how[/STRIKE] what [STRIKE]is the[/STRIKE] college life is like. [STRIKE]Not to mention[/STRIKE] In addition to what I learned in this year, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] since the subjects were in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] English, [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] my English level [STRIKE]became even more better[/STRIKE] improved greatly. [STRIKE]A good prove[/STRIKE] As evidence [STRIKE]for that is[/STRIKE] of this, I scored 100/100 in Level 2 of the English course. I think now I’m [STRIKE]well[/STRIKE] more prepared than ever to start my undergraduate study, and I hope this scholarship will give me [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] that opportunity. The scholarship will also give me the chance [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] to experience a totally different environment, [STRIKE]the medium of[/STRIKE] where communication [STRIKE]for me[/STRIKE] will [STRIKE]depend[/STRIKE] be [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in English. That will improve my English [STRIKE]speech[/STRIKE] speaking skills a lot. [STRIKE]better[/STRIKE]

See above for my suggested amendments.

To other users who may be confused - I accidentally edited this post with my amendments instead of writing a fresh post. emsr2d2.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Apologies, Tsuri, I have accidentally edited your original post with my suggested amendments instead of making a new post. However, you can clearly see the changes I made.

Tsuri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
It's totally ok , thank you sooo much for your effort , I really appreciate your help 😊
But I have one more thing , how's the over all idea of the statement , is it strong enough ? Will it effect the committee ? And do I need to add another paragraph to it or shall I start finishing ???
I'm just so concerned and I want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I can't help you with that. I have never had to write a statement of purpose or a personal statement, nor have I ever sat on an admissions committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.