Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have not written an essay in over 25 yrs please help me thank you!

Most people feel that they have "learned some lessons" in their life. They may have made some mistakes that taught them something.

What is one thing you have learned from your past? What would you do differently if you could? Remember to be specific.

It is true that we all learn from our mistakes. I have learned many lessons in my time up till now. I had left school in the eleventh grade and thought I had a good job making eight dollars an hour. At the time I was making more than any of my friends in school. Until one day I was offered a credit card. Once the card was in my hand I felt I could buy anything I wanted. It was as easy as sliding a piece of plastic through a machine. Well I went out and ran the card to the maximum of two thousand dollars. Then a week later I was offered another card for five thousand dollars and did the same thing with it not really realizing I had to pay it all back with interest. Then another card came and before I knew it I had over thirty thousand dollars of credit card debt. I started to realize that making eight dollars an hour is not as great as I had once thought.
I had lost my job due to the owner passing away and I was now unemployed. I owed over thirty thousand dollars and no way to repay what I had spent. I ended up having to file for bankruptcy. And that is one thing in my life that I wished I did not have to do. After that I have learned not to take the easy way out. And not to spend more than I make. That is why I am here now taking my GED test.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :)

When do you have to submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

fabman72

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
OK, then you have until Friday to write the best essay you can without any help. Your tutor wants to see what you can do, not what we can do. After your teacher has marked your essay and given it back to you, feel free to come back here if you don't understand why some of the corrections have been made.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.