Student or Learner
I have a problem with the direction of the world. I don't know how to use them or I am not sure. Could anyone help me? I have written some sentences, and I am not sure of them... Please correct if necessary.
- There are large mountains at/in the north.
- My country has large and modern cities in/at the south.
- The highest peak is in/at the north (of the country).
- At/In the west[of a country], there is an ocean which spreads for miles.
- Slovakia has beautiful mountains and high peaks at the north.
Last edited by Birne; 25-Jan-2013 at 15:02. Reason: correcting a typo
"At" is incorrect in all your examples.
Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.
1. The Karlsgrad Desert lies to the north of Burgovia.
2. The Karlsgrad Desert lies in the north of Burgovia.
in #1, the desert is not in Burgovia. You have to leave Burgovia and go north to find the desert.
in #2, the desert is in Burgovia, in the northern part.