Please check the following paragraph (self-introduction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Hi !

My name is Ehsan. I’m from Iran . I have been in united state since 2011 . I have started to study English since when I came to united state. I have learned lot of thing since I came to united state. In the beginning when I came in united state I wasn’t able to speak English but now I know how to speak English which is very good for me. I have been working at fry’s electronics in Roseville for 1year and couple month . I am very happy because when I came to united state I started very strong. Overall, if you have something in reply with me , you are welcome to be my friends. I’ll be glad to share my experience with you !

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi!

My name is Ehsan. I’m from Iran. I have been in the United States since 2011. I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] started to study English [STRIKE]since[/STRIKE] when I came to the United States. I have learned lots of things since I came to the United States. In the beginning when I came [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] the United States, I wasn’t able to speak English but now I know how to speak English which is very good for me. I have been working at Fry’s Electronics in Roseville for one year and a couple of months. I am very happy because when I came to the United States, I started very strong I don't know what you mean by "I started very strong"). Overall, if you have something [STRIKE]in reply with[/STRIKE] to say to me, you are welcome to be my friends. I’ll be glad to share my experience with you!

Welcome to the forum.

Please look at the changes I have made to your post in red. You have now lived in the United States for well over a year so I am surprised that you think it is called "united state". It is important to use the correct name for the country you live in.

We look forward to dealing with specific questions about the English language that you post, but please remember to follow the rules of written English in your posts:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Always capitalise proper nouns (ie the United States of America, England, English, Warsaw etc).
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
:up:Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.