Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hi Sir,

My name is Jamal I live in Morocco Iam an english student at university of Lettres and human sciences(second year).So the problem is that I want you to help me getting some references about Linguistics since I chose Linguistic descipline.Anything available name of books, links, references I will be so grateful to you and thank you so much Teachers.

with all my respect Jamal Aidani

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi [STRIKE]Sir[/STRIKE] (inappropriate, many of our members are female)

My name is Jamal. I live in Morocco. [STRIKE]Iam[/STRIKE] I am an English student at the University of Lettres and Human Sciences (space required) (second year).

[STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]the problem is that[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] would like you to help me getting some references about Linguistics [STRIKE]since[/STRIKE] because I have chosen Linguistic as my/one of my discipline(s).

Anything [STRIKE]available[/STRIKE] you can tell me, including the names of books, links, references [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] will be [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] gratefully received. [STRIKE]to you and[/STRIKE] Thank you so much teachers.

[STRIKE]with all my respect Jamal Aidani[/STRIKE] (unnecessary)

Welcome to the forum.

I have moved your post to the Linguistics section which is more appropriate.

As an English student, I am sure that you are aware of the importance of using correct written English. This must be very important in your university work and it will be vital in your exams. Therefore, please follow the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Always capitalise proper nouns.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Use full sentences, not fragments.

Note that it is inappropriate to address an unknown group of people as "Sir". We don't stand on ceremony on this forum. You can say "Hi everyone" or "Hi teachers" or just "Hi!" There is no need to end your posts with such formality or with your full name.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
University departments usually provide a reading list. Does yours not do so? It is difficult to recommend useful books without knowing what aspects your course covers.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Search Google Scholar for the topics you're studying: Google Scholar

Aidani jamal

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hi Everyone,

First and foremost I would like to thank you so much for the effort that you have done in order to correct my mistakes; I do really appreciate that. I just want to let you know that I do not know your sex (Male or female).Apart from this, It means the worls to me to be a member in your Forum.

Well, for the books I have just called my aunt who lives in Paris and she will send me 2 books of Grammar and Syntax because both of them have a direct lineage with Linguistics. I find it to difficult to understand "Linguistic" since I will study it next year but I am an avid reader and I want to know everything about English..By the way "emsr2d2" teachers here are blamed for my mistakes because most of them are not qualified that's why my parent will send me to Paris so as to finish my studies there.

Aidani jamal

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hi 5jj,

Yes of course our university provide a reading list but I want to benefit as much as possible from the long vacation that we are going to have in summer-time(3 months)

Status
Not open for further replies.