Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
When e-mailing, how many links make for a bad e-mailing? I love links and use them a lot. I feel an immediate link is better than an extra paragraph. My style of writing is using (eclipses) as points to make. If I need to clarify a point, I link. I use grammarly as my software when writing. Will my style hurt me if I use grammarly? Paul/pljames :)

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I don't quite understand your question. If links are relevant to the points you are making, then there is no absolute limit to the number you post - though the more you post, the less likely your readers are to follow them up

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
If I need to clarify a point, I link. I use grammarly as my software when writing. Will my style hurt me if I use grammarly? Paul/pljames :)
Please don't post your texts in bold. There's no need for it.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I don't quite understand your question. If links are relevant to the points you are making, then there is no absolute limit to the number you post - though the more you post, the less likely your readers are to follow them up

I agree with this- people may skip long lists or large numbers of links

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I agree as well. A couple of links a few times in a long document would be OK. If there were more than that, I would become entirely fed up with clicking on the links and leaving the document and then coming back to it. There is also the fact that if I were trying to read the email offline, I would be unable to click on the links. It would require me to be connected to the internet whenever I read the email and that might not be practical. Many email clients allow you to download your emails and then read them offline. Links are useless in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.