English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Is the following sentence acceptable?

In the thriving of Internet era, students should learn self-control and self-regulating, developing the good habit of surfing the Internet, finding the reasons which caused them to be addicted on the Internet and getting rid of them.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Is the following sentence acceptable?

In the thriving of Internet era, students should learn self-control and self-regulating, developing the good habit of surfing the Internet, finding the reasons which caused them to be addicted on the Internet and getting rid of them.
"In the thriving [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] Internet era, students should learn self-control and self-regulation, developing the good habit of surfing the Internet, finding the reasons which caused them to become addicted to the Internet and getting rid of them."
I don't know what you mean by "developing the good habit of surfing the Internet". Do you mean "developing good Internet surfing habits"? Are you advising the Internet addicted to surf the Internet looking for a cure?

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I mean the Internet addicted should not spend too much time on surfing the Internet that cause them neglect sleep and meals.

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
not a teacher

I mean the Internet addicted should not spend too much time on surfing the Internet that cause them neglect sleep and meals.

"In the thriving Internet era, students should learn self-control and self-regulation
by developing good habits when surfing the Internet, finding the reasons which caused them to become addicted, and getting rid of them.
"

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

Developing 'good habits' in limiting the time spent in surfing the internet is covered under self-control. Self-regulation? How do you regulate yourself?

Self-control also means self-restraint or discipline.

Not a teacher

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
In the thriving Internet era, students should develope good habits when surfing the Internet, finding the reasons which caused them to become addicted, and getting rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.