Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Morocco, situated on the northwestern tip of Africa, covers a land area of 710, 850 square km, including the western Sahara. The Kingdom is bordered by Algeria on the east, by Mauritania on the south, by the Mediterranean Sea on the north, and by the Atlantic Ocean on the west. Morocco is separated from Spain by the ten-mile-wide straight of "Tarik's Mountain". The climate is mild near the coasts and arid in the interior. The country enjoys rich fishing grounds off both the Mediterranean and Atlantic coasts.

Alzheimer's patients suffer not only from their disease, but also from the absence of specialized centres for their care.Here in Morocco, and especially the place in which I live families of Alzheimer's patients are calling for the establishment of specialized centres to care for their patients and prevent the progress of the disease. Working children of Alzheimer's patients are probably the most affected by the current situation because they often have to stay awy from work to care for parents with the disease, as house workers cannot be entirely trusted with the task (many families here are ashamed to report such cases).
Aging is the main cause of the disease, and chances of incidence are high for people with a family history of the disease. International stitistics show that people above 60 years are the most affected.

WHAT DOES MEAN ALZHEIMER:?::?:

Alzheimer's disease is a progressive neurologic disease of the brain leading to the irreversible loss of neurons and the loss of intellectual abilities, including memory and reasoning, which become severe enough to impede social or occupational functioning. Patients with Alzheimer's also have a deficiency in the levels of some vital brain chemicals which are involved with the transmission of messages in the brain-neurotransmitters.

IS THERE ANY KIND OF CURE(s) FOR ALZHEIMER:?::?:

Actually no, there is no cure for Alzheimer, although there are ways of slowing down its advance and helping patients with some of the symptoms. It worth mentionning that Alzheimer's patients like to repeat old stories, and their families have to bear with that. Sometimes, patients become completely silent, and refuse to talk about any subject. In such cases , they should be left unbothered, but closely monitored.

I have inspired these valuable information from a Scientific lecture that took place in our university last week.

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Have you a question?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When will you submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

Aidani jamal

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
This essay has been already given to my teacher at university where I am studying now. I did not get the reply in appropriate time. Anyway, thanks a lot, I do really appreciate your interesting; it means the world to me.
When will you submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

Status
Not open for further replies.