Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Afghanistan
I was searching for a dictionary of phrasal verbs but couldn't find any. Can anyone please tell where can I download dictionary of phrasal verbs? The one given on this site looks very authentic and comprehensive, but is not in a form I can download or see like I can see idioms. Is there any way I can see the phrasal verbs given in that dictionary the way I can see idioms?

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I was searching for a dictionary of phrasal verbs but couldn't find any. Can anyone please tell where can I download dictionary of phrasal verbs? The one given on this site looks very authentic and comprehensive, but is not in a form I Can download or see like I can see idioms. Is there any way I can see the phrasal verbs given in that dictionary the way I can see idioms?

Is this what you are looking for? Phrasal Verbs List

aachu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Afghanistan
Bhaisahab, thank you for this. I, however, have found a way to see the list of phrasal verbs by Alphabets on this very site, by trial and error. That was easy. I just had to click 'index'. Sorry to have bothered you.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Have you explored the possibilities on this page?

Rover

aachu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Afghanistan
Yeah, I have seen all this; I found the following page to be best among all the pages I could find on the internet.
usingenglish.com/reference/phrasal-verbs/a.html

Earlier I couldn't access this page, or else, I wouldn't have posted/started this thread.
Anyway, thanks for the help both Bhaisahab and Rover_KE.

Odessa Dawn

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia

Yeah, I have seen all this; I found the following page to be best among all the pages I could find on the internet.
usingenglish.com/reference/phrasal-verbs/a.html

Earlier I couldn't access this page, or else, I wouldn't have posted/started this thread.
Anyway, thanks for the help both Bhaisahab and Rover_KE.

***NOT A TEACHER***

Please read the intended meaning of the word "Yeah" here; post #4

Thank you.

aachu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Afghanistan
Thank you for this information, Odessa. I didn't mean to insinuate that. In fact, I wanted to show acceptance of what Rover had said.The other mistake that I seem to have made in my second last post is, I used superlative degree of adjective( i.e. best) without the definite article 'the'(?).

ps. I have been addressing to teachers by their names(real or pseudo). I am doing so for during my early days here, I was advised, by majority of the teachers , not to utter words like 'Sir', 'Ma'am', and the likes. My addressing to them by their names doesn't mean I am not showing respect to them. I am, in fact, indebted for their help and invaluable lessons.

Last edited:

aachu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Afghanistan
If any of the teachers has read my above posts, can they please tell where do I need to work with my english? I believe I have no problem as far as sentence structure is concerned. Two areas that I think I need to work, to improve are punctuation and style(?)

Odessa Dawn

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
If any of the teachers has read my above posts, can they please tell where do I need to work with my [STRIKE]e[/STRIKE]English? I believe I have no problem as far as sentence structure is concerned. Two areas that I think I need to work, to improve are punctuation and style(?)

***NOT A TEACHER***

Please, aachu, note that the word English is a proper noun which means that the first letter (e) must be capitalized.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.