Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,

I wanted some advice on the stages of a CELTA lesson plan when teaching grammar. What format should I follow when I teach the grammar for a 1 hour pre-intermediate lesson.

And also what should the next 1 hour trainee follow/teach in their lesson. What stages would their lesson plan include?

Thanks

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I wanted some advice on the stages of a CELTA lesson plan when teaching grammar. What format should I follow when I teach the grammar for a 1 hour pre-intermediate lesson.

And also what should the next 1 hour trainee follow/teach in their lesson. What stages would their lesson plan include?

Thanks
The answers to these questions depend very much on what your tutors are expecting to see. Some favour the PPP (Presentation, Practice, Production) approach, some go for ESA (Engage, Study, Activate), others have different ideas. Most of the ideas are valid to an extent, but if you choose an approach that is not the same as the one your tutors favour, you may have to work to justify it to them. Discuss this with your tutors; we may give advice that turns out to be not very helpful on your course.

It seems to me that how the person who follows you plans his/her lesson is not your responsibility. You need to tell him/her what you intend to cover; the rest is up to him/her.

al-anwaar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
AB33,

Please do inform us on how you planned it and how it worked out for you, and any feedback that you may have recieved. It will be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.