• Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

• Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy A easy question

I've some questions about the learning of english...
    First question
    How can I learn a lot of terms? I tried to read books, watching TV in english and learn at memory the words of vocabulary but I forget immediatly the new terms.
    An other question is how I can understood the spoken english? Like I say before
    I tried to watch the english Tv but I don't understand nothing.

I finished my questions... What you think of my english??... If you have some tips for me.. are welcome =)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: A easy question

Quote Originally Posted by Dagha View Post
    I've some questions about the learning of English.
    My first question is: How can I learn a lot of terms? I tried to read books, watching TV in English and learn at memory memorise the words of vocabulary but I forget immediately forget the new terms.
    An other Another question is: How can I can understood understand the spoken English? Like I say said before, I tried to watch the English TV but I don't understand nothing anything.

I have finished my questions. What do you think of my English??... If you have some tips for me, are I welcome them.
    Welcome to the forum.

Are you learning English at formal classes or are you teaching yourself at home? It is quite difficult to learn a language without a teacher but it's not impossible.
    What type of books have you tried to read in English? Start with easy books, maybe a book for children.
    If you try to watch English TV or films, you need to know that you will not understand every word. Don't try to watch or listen too carefully. Make sure that you have an English radio station on at home all the time, so that you are surrounded by the language. Don't consciously listen to it. After a while (a few weeks perhaps) you will notice that you understand more words every day.

As far as vocabulary goes, try to learn a new word in a complete sentence. Don't just try to remember the word "umbrella", for example, and its Italian equivalent. Learn a sentence such as "When it rains, I must remember my umbrella".

Please see my amendments to your post above in red. Remember to capitalise the word "English" at all times. We only use one single punctuation mark at the end of a sentence.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 12-Feb-2013 at 18:05. Reason: typo
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

• Post Thanks / Like

***NOT A TEACHER***

Also, you need to know when to use the indefinite article (an). An easy question not a easy question.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

**** I am not a teacher ****

Welcome to the forum.

In addition to what emsr2d2 has advised (that you learn a sentence with the word in it, rather than just its equivalent in Italian (or just trying to memorize the meaning in English) ), you may find it helpful to use intelligent flashcards such as Anki or Mnemosyne which are (free) softwares. They are also called Spaced Repetition Systems (SRS) and you can read about it here. Good luck to you for learning a lot of new words.