Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia

Does "Free Gas Tomorrow" mean to live/living your life in day tight compartments? I apologize for not being able to bring you the context.

Thank you.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Does "Free Gas Tomorrow" mean to live/living your life in day tight compartments? I apologize for not being able to bring you the context.

Thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "day tight". "Free gas tomorrow" means that there will be no cost for the gas on the following day.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Thank you.

If that were the meaning, it would be known only to tha author.

Odessa Dawn

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I'm not sure what you mean by "day tight".

I apologize for that. It has been interpreted as, "Don’t think about past/yesterday nor tomorrow."

Have a look please.
Shut off the past! Let the dead past bury its dead … Shut out the yesterdays which have lighted fools the way to dusty death … The load of tomorrow, added to that of yesterday, carried today, makes the strongest falter. Shut off the future as tightly as the past… The future is today … There is no tomorrow. The day of man’s salvation is now. Waste of energy, mental distress, nervous worries dog the steps of a man who is anxious about the future … Shut close, then, the great fore and aft bulkheads, and prepare to cultivate the habit of a life of ‘day-tight compartments.’”
Living in Day-Tight Compartments ~ Rod Colon

Thank you.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Thank you.

There must be some context. The words didn't just appear in your mind in a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.