• Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Question Is the sentence correct?

Hello everyone.
    I was having a discussion with my partner who recently entered the legal profession. She got a draft of a tenancy agreement online that I read though and I thought one of the sentences was not correct. This is the paragraph:
    "The tenant agrees neither to keep any animals, birds or reptiles or rodents in or on the premises nor to allow his invited guests or visitors to do so. In breach of this clause to be responsible for the reasonable costs or rectification of any damage caused or for any appropriate de-infestation, cleaning, fumigation etc., required."

Now, I am not certain the last sentence is correct and should read:
    "In breach of this clause, the tenant shall be responsible for......... cleaning, fumigation etc., required."

Would anyone be kind enough to confirm that the sentence in the previous paragraph is incorrect or am I mistaken? My partner seems to think I am totally mistaken.
    Thank you all. :)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: Is the sentence correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Hagdor View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I was having a discussion with my partner who recently entered the legal profession. She got a draft of a tenancy agreement online that I read though and I thought one of the sentences was not correct. This is the paragraph:
    "The tenant agrees neither to keep any animals, birds or reptiles or rodents in or on the premises nor to allow his invited guests or visitors to do so. In breach of this clause to be responsible for the reasonable costs or rectification of any damage caused or for any appropriate de-infestation, cleaning, fumigation etc., required."

Now, I am not certain the last sentence is correct and should read:
    "In breach of this clause, the tenant shall be responsible for......... cleaning, fumigation etc., required."

Would anyone be kind enough to confirm that the sentence in the previous paragraph is incorrect or am I mistaken? My partner seems to think I am totally mistaken.
    Thank you all. :)
    You are right.