Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Hello every member,
Let me introduce my self, my name i hakim, i've 22 old years, i'm student in petroleum engineering in Algeria Petroleum institute , and as you know the Anglish language become widely used in this area, i mean the oil and gas industry, therefor learn English will help me to find a job with international companies, so my question is : how to improve and master this language?
watching the movies with subtitles is recommended for improving English?
and finally your recommendations and suggestions are very welcome:up:.

best regards.
Hakim

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello everyone, [STRIKE]member[/STRIKE]
Let me introduce [STRIKE]my self[/STRIKE] myself - my name is Hakim, [STRIKE]i've[/STRIKE] I am 22 years old, [STRIKE]years[/STRIKE] and I'm a student [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of Petroleum Engineering in the Algeria Petroleum Institute. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] As you know, the English language [STRIKE]become[/STRIKE] is widely used in this area (I mean the oil and gas industry) therefore learning English will help me to find a job with international companies. [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] My question is : how [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] can I improve and master this language?
Is watching [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] movies with subtitles [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] recommended for improving English?
[STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Finally, your recommendations and suggestions are very welcome. :up:

Best regards.
Hakim

Welcome to the forum.

Please look at the amendments I have made to your post. It is important to remember the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Capitalise proper nouns (Hakim; Algeria Petroleum Institute).

I would recommend watching movies in the English language - subtitles are OK but you will probably listen to your native language and not pick up much from reading English. Find a movie which you already know quite well in your language, but watch it with English words spoken.
There are also many radio stations in English which you can listen to on the internet. Find a station which has a lot of talking and not very much music. Don't try to actively listen to it, just play the radio in your house all the time and you will begin to understand more and more every day.

Are you studying English formally at classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.