Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Anguilla
Current Location
Algeria
I started a thread in which i posted an essay that i wrote for the Ielets examination and it was removed. The thread did not break any forum policy just wondering why it was removed. I came here to get the essays back because my word file is corrupted and unable to view the document.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
There does not appear to be any such thread, and I can see deleted threads. If you used a corrupted file, that might account for it. Generally, posts are only deleted for a good reason, and if it was a single instance of an essay, then it would not have gone. If multiple copies were posted, it could have been a mistake when trying to delete the copies.

Threads are rarely deleted off the server, which is this only was I would not be able to see the deleted threads.

Can you shed any light on this?

zeeeeeeek

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Anguilla
Current Location
Algeria
Hi thanks for your quick reply. I was actually able to remember the first sentence of my essay and done a Google search and led me to a thread back to this forum, when i clicked on it i received a message saying page does not exist. Then i went back to Google and clicked on cached option. I was able to retrieve the thread which was somehow deleted. I re-posted the thread. once again thanks for your reply. In case you want to do further research to find out what went wrong ill send you the link to the google search. you can take a look for yourself. once you see the link hover over the first selection click the right arrow then click on cached.

sorry im unable to post links since i don't have the required amount of posts so ill just provide you with the first sentence. simply do a google search on the following ""Computers have come a long way since its first inception decades ago. The introduction of the internet has made computers a necessity for both businesses and homes""

Status
Not open for further replies.