• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

retriever stroked

I am reading W. Trevor shortstory on a blind piano tuner. Below is a description of his wife since he has no vision.

"Bat Conlon had the forehead of the Merricks’ retriever, which was stroked every time the Merricks’ Broadwood was attended to"

I guess "retriever" means "dog" ? If so what is action when "Dog Stroke"? Or Retriever is a part inside a piano. It is because Broadwood is piano manufacturer.
    Please could someone answer. Thanks!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: retriever stroked

Quote Originally Posted by Quang Hai View Post
    I am reading W. Trevor shortstory on a blind piano tuner. Below is a description of his wife since he has no vision.

"Bat Conlon had the forehead of the Merricks’ retriever, which was stroked every time the Merricks’ Broadwood was attended to"

I guess "retriever" means "dog" ? If so what is action when "Dog Stroke"? Or Retriever is a part inside a piano. It is because Broadwood is piano manufacturer.
    Please could someone answer. Thanks!
    Yes, Merricks' retriever is their dog; Merricks' Broadwood is their piano.
    If Bat Conlon is the blind piano tuner, this is a description (of Bat) by his wife; it's not a description of his wife.
    I'm not sure if it was Bat's forehead or the retriever which was stroked though.