Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hi,

That happens especially when English is not your native language! To improve listening, don't just 'bounce' over to movies and stuff where it is spoken casually, instead why don't you first hear news in English? It is slow and easy to grab, then you can switch over to speeches and finally you will be able to make out the faster-speaking in movies :) Secondly, it's not a problem if you can't make it out - you do know the language, so its nothing to stress yourself with! Take it easy and only 'listen with concentration'! ;-)

And one more thing -speak to your teachers and fellows the most you can so you yourself can imrove!
(NOT TEACHER)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]hai[/STRIKE] Hi [STRIKE]sir[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] My name is Karthik.
I [STRIKE]didnt[/STRIKE] don't understand[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] the language when [STRIKE]iam[/STRIKE] I am watching a Hollywood movie but I understand well when [STRIKE]iam[/STRIKE] I am speaking with someone.
How can I [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] solve my problem?
Can anyone help me [STRIKE]plz[/STRIKE] please? :-? :-?

Welcome to the forum. The simple answer is to practice. Listen to the radio, to the TV, audiobooks, all in English. If you listen to English in all your free time, you will start to pick up more and more of the language and you will start to understand more. It is a slow process and you must be patient.

Please look at the corrections I made to your post. In this forum, please use correct written English:

- Start every new sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
- Use full English words, not textspeak ("please", not "plz").
- "I am" is two separate words.

Status
Not open for further replies.