Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

There are many reasons why people choose to live in an apartment or house. Some people said that living in apartment is more comfortable. Others said living in a house is more private. This question is a controversy one. Personally, I think each option has its advantages and disadvantages.

On the one side, living in a apartment bring many benefits. For example, most of apartments in my country must be located in downtown, it easy for you to go to other place by sky train or subways, No need to take a bus and get stuck in traffic jam. Moreover, living in apartment, you can take a good view when you have a dinner with your family. Finally, you can use a lot of building’s facilities such as swimming pool, sport club or convenient store under the building and close to your room. However, living in apartment have less private, because you must share every facility with your neighbor .Also, you can hear some noise from one too.

From the other side, Living in a house has many advantages too. Firstly, you would have private space building anything that you want. You can design your private garden or swimming pool in your space that you own. Secondly, you can have pets that you like. No matter what your pet do, they can make your facilities dirty or make your stuff broke, but nobody blame you. Nevertheless, to maintenance a house is a big task than a room in apartment. You must clean your house everything such as corridor, garden, windows etc. or else hiring someone to clean them.

To sum up, If I have a chance to choose between living in a house or an apartment, I would choose to stay in apartment on working day because it is convenient to go to my office.When I have day off, I will stay in my house because it is more private as I mention above.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When do you have to submit this essay to your teacher/tutor?

Status
Not open for further replies.