Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello teacher,

I am Ömer F. Bayram. I just want to be sure about the correctness of the below text. Thanks in advance.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We kindly inform you that ....... is planning to open up new flight routes for Luxemburg (LUX) with PAX aircrafts.
We request you to send us your detailed “Cargo Handling Service” proposal along with rates.
Please find attached our Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) draft and the questionnaire including some questions about your company.
Could you please review our Cargo Handling Agreement draft and make your own comments and changes, if any?

Please fill in the questionnaire as well.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello teacher,

I am Ömer F. Bayram. I just want to be sure about the correctness of the below text. Thanks in advance.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We [STRIKE] kindly [/STRIKE] are pleased to inform you that ....... is planning to [STRIKE]open up [/STRIKE] establish new flight routes for Luxemburg (LUX) with PAX aircraft.

We respectfully request you to send us your detailed “Cargo Handling Service” proposal along with rates.

Please find attached our Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) draft and the questionnaire [STRIKE] including some questions about [/STRIKE] regarding your company.

[STRIKE]Could [/STRIKE] We ask that you please review our Cargo Handling Agreement draft and [STRIKE] make your own comments and changes,[/STRIKE][STRIKE] if any.[/STRIKE] provide any questions or comments you might have and return to us along with the questionaire.
[STRIKE] Please fill in the questionnaire as well [/STRIKE].

b.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I suggest "new flight routes to ​Luxembourg", not "for".

CarloSsS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello teacher,

Please find attached our Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) draft and the questionnaire including some questions about your company.

Wouldn't it be better to use "a" instead of "the". I have certain doubts that the recipient already knows what questionnaire the sender is sending.

donnawhite

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I suggest "new flight routes to ​Luxembourg", not "for".

But i think "for" is better to use here. Why you suggest "to".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
But I think "for" is better to use here. Why did you suggest "to"?

I assumed that it was opening up routes from various places to Luxembourg. If it's the reverse, then I would have said "... establish new flight routes from Luxembourg". However, I suppose that if it is talking about establishing new routes for airlines based in Luxembourg, then "for" might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.