Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I always try to improve my english but i don't have any family member or friend who can communicate with me in english, pls suggest me any way.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I always try to improve my english but i don't have any family member or friend who can communicate with me in english, pls suggest me any way.

Welcome to Using English. There are many good schools of English in your locality. Also, you live in a very touristic area where many people speak English. Have you tried meeting other English learners in your area? If you send me a PM, I can give you some addresses.

harshraj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I am living at jhotwara, jaipur, in Rajasthan, india now

david11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Harshrai, In the era of Internet, you can use technology like Skype to practice with your fellow learners. That's what I and many of the learners that I know of are doing. I can certainly say my conversational skill has improved a lot because of that. This website will help you find fellow learners who are, too, wanting to practice like you.

david11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
. Also, you live in a very touristic area where many people speak English.

I, too, live in a touristic area. I have tried speaking with some native speakers. Some are interested to talk but some feel insecured when a strangers comes straightaway and begin a conversation. So, whenever I go and speak, I make my intentions clear! :lol:

(However, almost a year ago, I had a privilege of meeting an old American lady and we spoke on various issues about India. Incidentally, her birthday fell during her stay in India and I invited her for a dinner at my home which she graciously accepted! It was a wonderful moment and still we communicate through emails :))

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Genuine communication. :up:

harshraj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Yesterday, i had to write a mail to my boss regarding, i did work from home and now i want to adjust those working hours in my PL. it's my bedluck my friend Irfan was also on leave. He always helps me in this kind of situation but i wrote mail to boss. I put this mail here pls check n tell me is it grammatically correct?

( Hi sir,
I am writing this mail to aware you, when i worked on "xyz" project in August, i did about 15 hours work from home on 1st, 2nd August 2012. Now i request to adjust those working hours in PL.)

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Yesterday, i had to write a mail to my boss regarding, I did work from home and now I want to adjust those working hours in my PL. It's my bad luck my friend Irfan was also on leave. He always helps me in this kind of situation but i wrote mail to boss. I put this mail here pls check n tell me is it grammatically correct?

( Hi Sir,
I am writing this mail to let you know that when I worked on "xyz" project in August, I did about 15 hours work from home on 1st, 2nd August 2012. Please adjust these working hours in PL.)

I have made some corrections which improve your email. I don't know what "PL" is. Is it usual to say "Hi" to your boss?
Remember to always capitalise the personal pronoun "I" and start each sentence with a capital letter.

harshraj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thanks to make me correct and here I use PL for paid leave. My company gives us 18 paid leave in whole year.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Thanks for your corrections, here I use PL for paid leave. My company gives us 18 days paid leave a year.

OK, as long as your boss understands that, it's fine.

harshraj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Again thanks for Your corrections, I always confuse with "To", "For" and "Let" where and how to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.