Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
HOCCS is a nonprofit, nongovernmental, human rights, advocacy, and lobbying and development organization working since 1999 with the marginalized and most vulnerable segments of the society.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
HOCCS is a non-profit, non-governmental, human rights, advocacy, and lobbying and development organization working since 1999 with the marginalized and most vulnerable segments of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] society.

It's a rather long sentence but my only suggested amendments are above. However, as you have used "non-governmental" early in the sentence and then "organisation" later in the sentence, you may as well reorder it and use NGO.

HOCCS is a non-profit, human rights, advocacy, and lobbying and development NGO, which has worked with the most vulnerable and marginalised sections of society since 1999.

Last edited:

Mr_Ben

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Switzerland
HOCCS is a nonprofit, nongovernmental, human rights, advocacy, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] lobbying and development organization working with the marginalized and most vulnerable segments of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] society since 1999.

There's not really a problem with the sentence as you wrote it, I've just made a couple of minor adjustments.

But perhaps you want to compartmentalize the description more:

HOCCS is a non-profit human rights and development NGO, and has been lobbying and advocating for the marginalized and most vulnerable segments of society since 1999.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
For info, I prefer Mr_Ben's version in post #3 to my own in post #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.