Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Move the telescopic conveyor in the exiting position.

Does it mean move the TC from another postion to exiting position? Or does it mean move the telescopic conveyor when it is in the exiting position?

Route21

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Thailand
Please provide more details of the overall context/ sentence, to help us answer your question appropriately.

Many thanks
R21

AUTOMOON

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please provide more details of the overall context/ sentence, to help us answer your question appropriately.

Many thanks
R21

I am afraid it won't help. The context and the sentence are not related. I couldn't get anything from the context.

Route21

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Thailand
Context is all important..
If you can't supply the context it's nigh on impossible for us to give advice that has universal application.
R21

AUTOMOON

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
If you can't supply the context it's nigh on impossible for us to give advice that has universal application.
R21

[h=4]6.1.1.1 Replacement of the complete telescopic conveyor with loading conveyor[/h]
Þ Move the telescopic conveyor in the exiting position by extending the hydraulic cylinder.
Þ Isolate the bag ship loader from power supply and secure it against unauthorized, erroneous and unintended start-up.
Þ Secure the bag ship loader against moving.
Þ Move a suitable pontoon or ship under the loading head.
Þ Unbolt the bolt connection between hydraulic cylinder and telescopic conveyor.
Þ Sling the telescopic conveyor with loading conveyor and discharge conveyor (weight approx. 1150 kg) to a suitable mobile crane and pull it out of the loading head lower part.

Just like I said, it won't help. The context won't help. But you just didn't trust me.

Route21

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Thailand
I am an engineer and recognise, from the newly provided context, exactly what is going on.
The positive rudeness in your last reply, however, disinclines me from making any further comment.
R21

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Just like I said, it won't help. The context won't help. But you just didn't trust me.
Automoon, you have been asked in several of the threads you have started to provide more context. As you have been told, isolated words and phrases frequently mean little.

If you don't trust us to be telling the truth when we say this, then you may as well not start new threads.

AUTOMOON

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
R21
I am sorry. I am unlucky today and many things go wrong. So I am not good tempered.
Sorry, R21

AUTOMOON

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I am not not trusting you, rather it's that you don't trust me.
You keep on asking for more context but why not give the most frequently used meaning of the sentence or all the possible meanings of the sentence? I don't give you the context because I believe they won't help. It's not a question of trust.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I am not not trusting you, rather it's that you don't trust me.
You keep on asking for more context but why not give the most frequently used meaning of the sentence or all the possible meanings of the sentence? I don't give you the context because I believe they won't help. It's not a question of trust.
Most words have real meaning only in context. What is the point of us spending time listing possible meanings that may not be correct in your context? You believe that context will not help, but we are telling you that it is often essential. Either give us context, or we simply won't bother with your questions.

This thread has wasted enough time. If you have questions about any other words/phrases, start them in a fresh thread. Give the thread a helpful title and provide sufficient context. (see my signature, below).

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.