Student or Learner
1. The meeting is delayed. I wouldn't have to stay back otherwise. [hypothetical - present]
2. The meeting was delayed. I wouldn't have had to stay back otherwise. [hypothetical - past]
1. Are these sentences correct?
2. The second sentence sounds unnatural while speaking. Is there any alternative? Is it used in this way in speaking?
3. Is the question form(as below) correct & natural in speaking
"Any how the flight arrived in time. Would you have had to cancel the trip otherwise?"
Yes, there are two speaker for the last example. Thank you.