Appointments

If you have an appointment, which sentence do you use?

• Total voters

michael147

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
They both can use in the context. I prefer #2.

sara68

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
We use '' i am doing'' (present continuous) when we say what we have arranged to do, but if we use '' i am going to do something'' we say that we have decided to do it (but perhaps not arranged to do it), so i think in this situation ''I am seeing the dentist tomorrow at 3'' seems to be more proper.
and also i reject 'I see the dentist tomorrow at 3' because we use simple present to talk about things in general, but I'm not sure about 'I will see the dentist tomorrow at 3'!so
I'd use more than one!!!

lehieu1987vn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
We use '' i am doing'' (present continuous) when we say what we have arranged to do, but if we use '' i am going to do something'' we say that we have decided to do it (but perhaps not arranged to do it), so i think in this situation ''I am seeing the dentist tomorrow at 3'' seems to be more proper.
and also i reject 'I see the dentist tomorrow at 3' because we use simple present to talk about things in general, but I'm not sure about 'I will see the dentist tomorrow at 3'!so
I'd use more than one!!!
i think we can write " i am going..." because when we have to do something that we have plan to do, we can use "be + going to":-D

rock-onn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Never take any appointments. A difficult question may follow.:-D

muster

Banned