Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. whitemoon's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Burmese
      • Home Country:
      • Myanmar
      • Current Location:
      • Myanmar

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 609

    How can I say it in English?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	541199_357554804351234_1354909570_n.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	1518
    Dear teachers,
    This is Myanmar traditional well. It is the photo in which the ladies are collecting water from the well they made in the stream. The ladies dig a small hole in the sand, around 1 feet deep. The water becomes full of the hole. Then they collect the water by small cup and put in their pot. After filling their pot, they carry it to their home for cooking and other uses.
    I am trying to say this kind of well for a native speaker to understand. In Myanmar language, we say "hand-made well", but I don't think other people understand it. How can I say this kind of well in English?
    Could you please help me?
    I appreciate your kind help.
    Have a good time!

  2. Route21's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

    • Join Date: Nov 2010
    • Posts: 938

    Re: How can I say it in English?

    As an NES I would probably call it a "hand-dug well".


Similar Threads

  1. [Tdol's Blog] English Teacher X Guide To Teaching English Abroad
    By Tdol in forum Content
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-Oct-2012, 16:20
  2. [General] Living in an English-speaking country - English problem please help
    By JackHon in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-Sep-2012, 16:20
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-Aug-2012, 03:38
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-Jan-2009, 14:17


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts