Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    NewHopeR is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,049

    Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Crazy English is insanely stupid in this cyber era.

    I'm afraid that Li Yang, the creater of CE, is most likely the same as a gold digger.

  2. #2
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Quote Originally Posted by NewHopeR View Post
    Crazy English is insanely stupid in this cyber era.

    I'm afraid that Li Yang, the creater of CE, is most likely the same as a gold digger.
    Before we deal with your question, take a look at your title. Do you think "does" is appropriate?

  3. #3
    NewHopeR is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    Before we deal with your question, take a look at your title. Do you think "does" is appropriate?
    Do of course.
    An inadvertent mistake.
    Thank you.

  4. #4
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Quote Originally Posted by NewHopeR View Post
    Do of course.
    An inadvertent mistake.
    Thank you.
    No, not "do", try again.

  5. #5
    NewHopeR is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    No, not "do", try again.

    Well, make it no mistake: Are.
    Thank you.

  6. #6
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Quote Originally Posted by NewHopeR View Post
    Well, make it no mistake: Are.
    Thank you.
    Yes.
    Both of your sentences are grammatical and the first one is acceptable. The second one is not natural.

  7. #7
    Rover_KE is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,863

    Re: Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Note: 'creator'.

    A better title would have been Insanely stupid.

    Extract from the Posting Guidelines:

    'Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

    Rover

  8. #8
    NewHopeR is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    Note: 'creator'.

    A better title would have been Insanely stupid.

    Extract from the Posting Guidelines:

    'Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

    Rover

    Don't you know that the forum has got a new function when your mouse pointer moves to the area of a title, the content of the thread will automatically show up?

  9. #9
    SoothingDave is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,528

    Re: Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Quote Originally Posted by NewHopeR View Post
    Don't you know that the forum has got a new function when your mouse pointer moves to the area of a title, the content of the thread will automatically show up?
    That doesn't help with the search function. People can search and find similar questions that were asked before, if the thread titles are meaningful.

  10. #10
    NewHopeR is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Does the contents underlined grammatically correct? If not, edit them please

    Quote Originally Posted by SoothingDave View Post
    That doesn't help with the search function. People can search and find similar questions that were asked before, if the thread titles are meaningful.
    That's it.
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •