Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
My day

Today I woke up at 6am. I want to do my study but I didn't want to get out off bed. After 15min I got out off bed. Then I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Then around 6:30am I sat on the sofa for study. My husband and my son still sleeping. I studied till 8:30am. Then I heard my sons sound. He was crying. Then I took him off in bed. He was woke up. Today was Sunday that's why my husband was still sleeping. After one hour my husband woke up.
Then I made omelette for breakfast. After that we had breakfast together but my son didn't want to eat omelette. Then I made Maggie for him. He likes to eat Maggie. After that I took a shower. Today we had to go moll for shopping. But I had to do some housework. My all works were done till 1pm. It was lunch time. Then I made lunch. After lunch my husband friend called him to go out for some work. He asked me to go outside with him but my son looks sleepy. He want to sleep. It was his nap time. Then he went to sleep and my husband went to outside. After that I turned on the TV and watched some serials. My husband came back after one hour. My son was still sleeping. Then I made tea and we drank tea. My son woke up after sometime. Then he drank milk. Today was a great weather. My son want to go to park. Then we were reddy and went to park. I mate lots of friends there. My daughter looks happy. She had fun there. Then we went to moll for shopping. Then we went to fresh farm for buying some vegetables. After that we went to oberweis for buying some milk bottles. My son want to eat ice cream. Then we ate ice cream. It was delicious. Then we came home around 9pm. Then we had dinner and talked about ours day.

pleas tell me my mistakes please.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When do you have to submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

Prito

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Please check my essay.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Sorry

We do not help with homework or assignments. We do not help students to cheat. Your teacher needs to see your English, not ours. Write the best essay you can, submit it to your teacher and then wait for it to come back with a score and corrections. If you do not understand your teacher's corrections then you can ask us to explain.

Prito

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Re: Sorry

This is not my homework or assignment.it is story about a day.
I am not going any school. I don't have any teacher or tutor.

I want to check my grammar mistakes.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
My day

Today I woke up at 6am. I wanted to [STRIKE]do my[/STRIKE] study but I didn't want to get out [STRIKE]off[/STRIKE] of bed. After 15 min. I got out [STRIKE]off[/STRIKE] of bed. Then I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Then around 6:30am I sat on the sofa for study. My husband and my son were still sleeping. I studied till 8:30am. Then I heard [STRIKE]my [/STRIKE][STRIKE]sons[/STRIKE] a sound of my son. He was crying. Then I took him off in bed. He was woken up. Today was Sunday that's why my husband was still sleeping. After one hour my husband woke up.

Then I made an omelette for breakfast. After that we had breakfast together but my son didn't want to eat any of that omelette. Then I made Maggie for him. He likes to eat Maggie. After that I took a shower.

Today we had to go to the [STRIKE]moll[/STRIKE] mall for shopping. But I had also to do some housework. [STRIKE]My all works were done[/STRIKE] All my work (no plural) was done till 1pm. It was lunch time. Then I made lunch. After lunch my husband’s friend called him to go out for some work. He asked me to go outside with him but my son [STRIKE]looks[/STRIKE] looked sleepy. He wanted to sleep. It was his nap time. Then he went to sleep and my husband went outside. After that I turned on the TV and watched some serials. My husband came back after one hour. My son was still sleeping. Then I made tea and we drank tea. My son woke up after [STRIKE]sometime[/STRIKE] some time. Then he drank milk. Today was (without “a”) great weather. My son wanted to go to the park. Then we were [STRIKE]reddy[/STRIKE] ready and went to the park. I [STRIKE]mate[/STRIKE] made lots of friends there. My daughter [STRIKE]looks[/STRIKE] looked happy. She had fun there. Then we went to [STRIKE]moll[/STRIKE] the mall for shopping. Then we went to [STRIKE]fresh[/STRIKE] a farm for buying some fresh vegetables. After that we went to oberweis (If “oberwise” is a village, you should capitalize it = Oberwise) for buying some milk bottles. My son wanted to eat ice cream. Then we ate ice cream. It was delicious. Then we came home at around 9pm. Then we had dinner and talked about [STRIKE]ours[/STRIKE] our day.

pleas tell me my mistakes please.

februar, (German speaking, no teacher)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My Day (in the title, we usually capitalise all the words)

Today I woke up at 6am. I wanted to [STRIKE]do my[/STRIKE] study but I didn't want to get out [STRIKE]off[/STRIKE] of bed. After [STRIKE]15min[/STRIKE] fifteen minutes, I got out [STRIKE]off[/STRIKE] of bed. Then I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] At around 6:30am I sat down on the sofa [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to study. My husband and my son were still sleeping. I studied [STRIKE]till[/STRIKE] until 8:30am. Then I heard [STRIKE]my sons sound[/STRIKE] a noise from my son/from my son's bedroom. He was crying. [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]took him off in[/STRIKE] picked him up from his bed. He was [STRIKE]woke up[/STRIKE] awake. Today was Sunday - that's why my husband was still sleeping. After [STRIKE]one[/STRIKE] an hour my husband woke up.

[STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] I made omelette for breakfast [STRIKE]. After that[/STRIKE] and we [STRIKE]had breakfast[/STRIKE] ate them together but my son didn't want to eat omelette [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] so I made Maggie (what is Maggie?) for him. He likes to eat Maggie (what is Maggie?). After that I took a shower. [STRIKE]Today[/STRIKE] We had to go to the [STRIKE]moll[/STRIKE] mall for shopping but I had to do some housework. [STRIKE]My all works were done till 1pm.[/STRIKE] I had done all my housework by 1pm.

By now, it was lunch time. [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] I made lunch. After lunch my husband's friend called him and asked him to go out [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to do some work. He asked me to go out[STRIKE]side[/STRIKE] with him but my son [STRIKE]looks[/STRIKE] looked sleepy. He wanted to sleep. It was his nap time. Then he went to sleep and my husband went [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] out[STRIKE]side[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]After that[/STRIKE] I turned on the TV and watched some serials. My husband came back after one hour. My son was still sleeping. Then I made tea and we drank [STRIKE]tea[/STRIKE] it. My son woke up [STRIKE]after[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]sometime[/STRIKE] some time later [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] and he drank milk. Today the weather was [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] great. [STRIKE]weather.[/STRIKE] My son wanted to go to the park. [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] We [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] got [STRIKE]reddy[/STRIKE] ready and went to the park. I [STRIKE]mate[/STRIKE] met lots of friends there. My daughter (do you mean your son?) [STRIKE]looks[/STRIKE] looked happy. She had fun there. [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] We went to the [STRIKE]moll[/STRIKE] mall for shopping and then we went to [STRIKE]fresh[/STRIKE] the farm [STRIKE]for buying[/STRIKE] to buy some vegetables. After that we went to Oberweis [STRIKE]for buying[/STRIKE] to buy some bottles of milk. [STRIKE]bottles.[/STRIKE] My son wanted to eat ice cream[STRIKE]. Then[/STRIKE] so we ate ice cream. It was delicious. [STRIKE]Then[/STRIKE] We came home around 9pm, [STRIKE]Then we[/STRIKE] had dinner and talked about [STRIKE]ours[/STRIKE] our day.

[STRIKE]pleas[/STRIKE] Please tell me my mistakes. [STRIKE]please[/STRIKE].

See my corrections above in red. You need to concentrate on the following:

- Tenses. You wrote the story in the past tense but you kept saying "My son want ..." etc instead of "wanted".
- Spelling. Use a good dictionary. You would have found that "moll" and "reddy" were incorrect.
- Use of articles. We say "go to the mall" and "go to the park".
- Make longer sentences. Your sentences are very short and too many of them begin with "Then". Instead of "I got up at 6am. Then I had breakfast. Then I studied for two hours", you can say "I got up at 6am, had breakfast and then studied for two hours".
- Read your piece through several times before posting. You suddenly introduced a daughter who had not been mentioned before. Make sure your story makes sense.
- I would love to know what "Maggie" is, which you made your son for breakfast! In England, that is a woman's name.

Look at the corrections carefully and ask for more help if you don't understand them.

Prito

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Thank you for your advise. It's very useful to me.
I made spelling mistake. It's Maggi not Maggie. Maggi looks like noodles.

Status
Not open for further replies.