Current Location
India
Name
Department of Biotechnology,
University of XXX, India
+91 Mobile no, email@gmail.com
April 17,2013 Prof. name,
Institute of life science
Academy of Athens 4 Soranou Ephessiou St., 115 27 Athens, GREECE Respected Prof. ...,
It is with great pleasure that I am forwarding my resume to you for the Ph.D. position under your supervision. I am a research scholar at University of X.., India. From the last two years, I am actively involved in research. I hope to contribute my skill and experience to your lab. This is an opportunity where I can fully apply my education, professional experience and personal interest.
I majored in Subject X at the University of X. My research involved cloning of X gene in an expression vector pGEX-6P-2, overexpresses the protein and then purified by using Affinity chromatography. The purified enzyme XXX, can be used for biochemical characterization such as enzyme assay, catalytic efficiency and substrate binding site etc. During that period, I have been trained to quickly learn a new field, think through problem in an analytical manner and maintain flexibility within a demanding schedule.
Incidence of cardiac diseases is increasing around the world and it is still the leading cause of mortality. An improved understanding underlying molecular and cellular mechanism for cardiac failure must be needed to develop a specific therapeutic target. During graduation, I got opportunity to write a review article on “Role of carotenoids in heart health”. While writing this review article, I read numerous research articles in this topic as a result I got immense interest on this topic. It really helps me to developed writing skills and the ability to present details of my research work to various audiences.
Currently, I am working to understand molecular signaling network of Human Cripto-1 (CR-1). CR-1 is expressed in developing embryo and various types of cancer cells. This molecule can activate multiple molecular pathways required to control cell proliferation. The main objective is to understand how CR-1 activating multiple pathways. Here, I am learning techniques like maintenance of cell culture, protein isolation from cell line, Protein estimation using Lowry method, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, various molecular works like cDNA synthesis, DNA, RNA and Plasmid isolation. Every week, I conduct practical classes of undergraduate student and it’s really enjoyable for me to interact with students.
In addition to practical experiences, I have versatile theoretical knowledge regarding the cell and molecular biology. I have qualified highly competitive exams like Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE and Awards like Junior Research Fellowship from the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
I am very excited about this opportunity and I am confident that my skills and experiences are a good match for the position.My CV starts from next page. Please contact me with any question, or if there is any additional information I can provide. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely

Mahesh Agarwal

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I feel it is a little brief; also you are careless about tenses. You start off in the present, then in the same sentence use the past, then the future. You also claim you wrote a paper during graduation, which is normally a 2 hour ceremony in which you are sitting in an amphitheatre, not busy by any means but too bored to write a paper. So your letter strikes me as a bit hasty.

Why not explain the origins of the enzyme, and more details about the ways you used it? And clear up your tenses.

MaheshAgarwal

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you sir for your valuable suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.