IELTS General Training Writing Task 1 - Letter Writing - and First Certificate (FCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

englishteacher79

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I'm wondering if anyone has good resources for teaching the IELTS General Training Task 1 - Letter Writing. I find that most of the textbooks do not go very in-depth in this area. I was going through some First Certifate (FCE) texts and I think letter writing is one of the writing components.

Does anyone have any experience teaching the letter writing component of both FCE and IELTS GT Writing Task 1? Does FCE go in depth into this area? I'm looking for very detailed Letter Writing resources for IELTS GT Writing Task 1 letter writing. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
FCE is not as such a high level exam, so it doesn't go into things in the same depth as IELTS.

Mr_Ben

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Switzerland
It seems the majority of materials are geared towards the Academic exam. Personally, all of my IELTS students have done that one but that may just be a consequence of my location and the market here more than anything else. The best guide for IELTS that I have used is Action Plan for IELTS by Vanessa Jakeman (she has written a version for the Academic exam too). Online, the British Council has just published a new website with teaching materials specifically for the IELTS: Resources and information for teachers of IELTS | Take IELTS They also have a lot of good general material at their TeachingEnglish website: TeachingEnglish | British Council | BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.