[General] How can I express feelings in English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saloom2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hello,

I can't express any feeling in English, especially when it is written in informal style. How can I tackle this problem? is there any site or something like that, which can help him improve this point?

For example,

Luckily you weren't there to see how Zaki was running dreadfully.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello,

I can't express any feeling in English, especially when it is written in informal style. How can I tackle this problem? is there any site or something like that, which can help him improve this point?

For example,

Luckily you weren't there to see how Zaki was running dreadfully.
You think of whatever emotion it is that you're feeling, as an adjective: happy, bored, depressed, hopeful. Then you start a sentence with, "I feel ..." and add the adjective. Is that what you mean? In your example, whose emotion are you trying to express - yours or Zakis?

saloom2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
In general. In my informal letters, I should express feelings of mine and the people around me.

In my example, I mean Zaki's.

"I was standing by the window when I saw Zaki being chased by a bull. I couldn't take my eyes off because Zaki was running so dreadfully and he made me laugh a lot."

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
In general. In my informal letters, I should express feelings of mine and the people around me.

In my example, I mean Zaki's.

"I was standing by the window when I saw Zaki being chased by a bull. I couldn't take my eyes off because Zaki was running so dreadfully and he made me laugh a lot."
I would assume that Zaki is feeling scared. "Zaki looked scared/frightened/terrified."

Status
Not open for further replies.