• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Puerto Rico
      • Current Location:
      • Georgia

Unhappy Body, Mind and Soul..

I have to write and essay based on something or someones great popularity and give reasons of why I think they are popular and give a conclusion. I cant look for any source of information so I have to basically come with something up, my first scratch was denied because the professor said it wasn't true what i said and he asked for me to change the topic.....

Im writing about Yoga... Reasons why is popular, movie starts practice yoga, is healthy, is good for everyone and i gave a examples and explained my thoughts, but he still sais those are not the reasons yoga is popular that i should focus more on real reasons, of why yoga catches the eye of everyone. I don't seem to understand what he wants from me. Any help?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Re: Body, Mind and Soul..

Hi and welcome Monica ,

My humble suggestion is you go and explain what you just told us to your teacher. S/he may be taking for granted that everything's crystal clear. So maybe go up and politely ask for further clarification would be your first step towards a better piece of writing.

However, maybe the problem lies on the topic you have chosen. Perhaps choosing something that is closer to you (a hobby of yours, for instance) and thinking about whether it is popular or not and why you started with it would be a good beginning.

charliedeut
    Please be aware that I'm neither a native English speaker nor a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I'm afraid we can't help with homework assignments.

However, when you say "I can't look for any source of information", do you mean that your teacher is not allowing you to search the internet? If you know nothing about yoga and the real reasons people do it, then how does he expect you to write an essay about that? Do you actually practice yoga yourself?

Edit: I've just read charlieduet's reply and I agree entirely. Go back to your teacher and tell him exactly what you have told us. Don't leave until you understand exactly what he wants you to do. A good teacher should be upset to hear that his/her students are completely confused.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Monica.hernandez View Post
    I have to write and essay based on something or someones great popularity and give reasons of why I think they are popular and give a conclusion. I cant look for any source of information so I have to basically come with something up, my first scratch was denied because the professor said it wasn't true what i said and he asked for me to change the topic.....

Im writing about Yoga... Reasons why is popular, movie starts practice yoga, is healthy, is good for everyone and i gave a examples and explained my thoughts, but he still sais those are not the reasons yoga is popular that i should focus more on real reasons, of why yoga catches the eye of everyone. I don't seem to understand what he wants from me. Any help?
    I think you've either got the assignment wrong, or your teacher is being unfair. For example, he cannot object that what you give as a reason is not the real reason, if the exercise is to say why you think they are popular - especially if you're not allowed to do research. After all, how do any of us know the real reason for things without researching? If it's not your opinion or guess that he wants, he shouldn't ask for it.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Puerto Rico
      • Current Location:
      • Georgia

this is what I have for now...(the spelling is horrible i know is just the first scratch and I kind of need some help for that too)

Mind Body and Soul.
    By: Monica Rodriguez
    ENG 101

Yoga has been practiced long centuries ago, and today all over the world more people is starting to get involved. If you go to the city and look around, you will see at least someone with a yoga, you can also drive around a few streets and count how many yoga places you see. Most of us may know someone who practices yoga or someone who has tried it. Celebrities we see on TV like Madonna and many more do yoga and who doesn't want to look like Madonna at there 50’s? Lets be honest we all like to look great, feel great and be healthier.

Eventually yoga has become more popular. So, why is this such a popular way of exercise? Well, sometimes people see the exercises and they think they’re not difficult at all so people get motivated to try it. The truth is that not everyone is an active athlete and some of us really like to exercise in a more peaceful way or do exercises by not getting the feeling of actually doing one. Sometimes the gym is not comfortable for most of us, maybe because of the type of exercises to do there or maybe you just need something else, something different. People think of yoga as a peaceful calmed way to exercise, but only someone who practice it know what its all about.

Being healthy isn't exactly eating good food and being skinny, is more than that. To be completely healthy you need to be mentally healthy, being stressed all the time with problems and situations can be bad for you. There are thousands of diseases the brain produces when it is in constant stress. Some of these diseases can be depression, lack of sleep, skin diseases and more. Yoga is beneficial to for the mind and soul. By practicing this exercises you will see yourselves doing some meditation and breathing techniques what helps you release all the metal stress and eventually.

Yoga was originated in India a long time ago, is a mental and physical discipline. Is associated with numbers of religions like Buddhism and Hinduism The word yoga means “union,” so when you practice yoga you will be practicing a series of exercises that will help you connect your body with your soul. This is one of the Hinduism theories of being healthy. Is not necessary for people to change their religious believes or start to get involved with any religion, but is necessary that people know what yoga is about because it let us understand what we are doing during the meditations.

To practice yoga you have to learn some postures that increase you flexibility and by doing those you will feel your muscles stretching that eventually gets your muscles toned. By improving muscle tone you will also loose weight and maybe you will be able to look fit and great like Madonna. The truth is that yoga is good for everyone, seniors are getting more involved with yoga because the type of exercises you do there are great for flexibility making them be able to move better and it relives their pain. Kids are also getting involved, water yoga is another way to exercise and kids seemed to enjoy it. There are many different types of yoga but the truth is that all of them involved the same type of exercises like increasing flexibility, meditation and breathing techniques.

Yoga has become popular not only because celebrities practice it and because is good for every generation, it has become popular because it makes you healthier and it helps you feel better. Yoga is a fantastic way to get fit, in a peaceful calmed way, if you practice yoga you will feel good and you will look great because the real beauty is inside of every and each one of us and having a healthy soul will make us look better.

Yes I do, I practice yoga....that's the thing... I chose a topic abut something I do and enjoy and my last topic was about tattoos and how i think they have become more popular each day... but he says tattoos don't have a GREAT popularity.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

As ems has already explained, we can't help with homework assignments. Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can do.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Puerto Rico
      • Current Location:
      • Georgia

You do have a good ponit there, but I don't really want to fail so I was hoping to maybe having other perspectives might help me understand what Im doing wring to improve my skills....Well thanks anyways.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Monica.hernandez View Post
    You do have a good ponit there, but I don't really want to fail so I was hoping to maybe having other perspectives might help me understand what Im doing wring to improve my skills....Well thanks anyways.
    It would be better for you to post the formal question rather than your answer. That's the only way to tell what he expects. While we can't help with your answer, we can help you with the question.