Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am experiencing a problem using my "Enter" key. I cannot move my cursor to the next line when I press 'Enter'. Is anyone else experiencing this same problem? Can someone suggest a solution? Thank you! :cry:

shur2gal

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This website is not the place for these types of questions. However, it sounds like your computer has a broken key (or something to that extent). Try going to your local technician at Best Buy, Target, Staples, etcetera, so they can fix the problem.

If you have a question related to English, I'm sure you'll find that more people will respond to your question. In the future, please utilize Google. Hope I helped.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm pretty sure that after 27,314 posts, amigos4 knows what the point of this website is. To be fair, very occasionally there are glitches on the site which mean we all experience the same, sometimes bizarre, problems.

The post might have been better in the "Support" area but it wasn't necessarily entirely out of place on this forum.

amigos4 - I'm not experiencing anything similar so it appears that perhaps you do indeed have a problem with your actual "Enter" key. If it's working everywhere apart from this website, then perhaps a post in the "Support" forum is required.

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm pretty sure that after 27,314 posts, amigos4 knows what the point of this website is. To be fair, very occasionally there are glitches on the site which mean we all experience the same, sometimes bizarre, problems.

The post might have been better in the "Support" area but it wasn't necessarily entirely out of place on this forum.

amigos4 - I'm not experiencing anything similar so it appears that perhaps you do indeed have a problem with your actual "Enter" key. If it's working everywhere apart from this website, then perhaps a post in the "Support" forum is required.
I certainly didn't intend to ruffle any feathers with my post! Several days ago, I contacted the Webmaster but did not receive a reply! My 'problem' is definitely unique to UsingEnglish and I am curious to know if other members are experiencing similar problems. Cheers,A4

Offroad

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Amigos4, my friend, I had the same problem. You most likely are using IE 10 on either win7 or win8. The solution is simple: Just activate the 'compatibility mode' by hitting that small thing, maybe a button, near the refresh button.

Offroad

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Amigos4, my friend, I had the same problem. You most likely are using IE 10 on either win7 or win8. The solution is simple: Just activate the 'compatibility mode' by hitting that small thing, maybe a button, near the refresh button.

Offroad
Offroad, you are a genius! :up: I hit the 'compatibility' button and a miracle happened!!!! My "Enter" key has risen from the dead!!!
Thank you very much for helping me resolve this issue!

For those who chastised me for using the 'wrong' forum, I hope you are never in a situation where you are hesitant to 'Ask a Teacher' for help!!! Teachers always come through with an answer! :cool: ;-)

Cheers,
A4

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I certainly didn't intend to ruffle any feathers with my post!
Don't worry. You certainly did not ruffle the feathers of anybody in this forum who knows you.
Several days ago, I contacted the Webmaster but did not receive a reply!
Red 5, the webmaster, gets on to problems as soon as he can. As his time is limited (unlike me, the poor man has to work for a living) he tends to concentrate on the Support Area first.

Status
Not open for further replies.