Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone! im a new member and i am really interested to improve my english as a second language. Verb tenses confuses me hope you can help about this subject. Here's my question and please please correct me about my sentence too so that i will know if im writting my sentence correctly. What verb tenses to use when im telling story about my baby that happen this morning. Then Me and my sister will going to talk about it this afternoon. whats the format. am i gonna use present tense/present perfect tense or past progressive? its confusing.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hi everyone! im a new member and i am really interested to improve my english as a second language. Verb tenses confuses me hope you can help about this subject. Here's my question and please please correct me about my sentence too so that i will know if im writting my sentence correctly. What verb tenses to use when im tellingstory about my baby that happen this morning. Then Me and my sister will going to talk about it this afternoon. whats the format. am i gonna use present tense/present perfect tense or past progressive? its confusing.
Welcome to the forum, mjld. :hi:. You might start trying to improve your English by looking back at that post. There are a lot of slips there, many of them caused by lack of capitalisation or apostrophes. Try to correct them and post your revised version here for our comments.

If we are speaking one afternoon of things that happened that morning, the normal tenses we use will be past, simple and/or progressive. Write a few sentences and post them here for us to comment on.

mjld

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
United States
Thank you for a quick reply moderator. Here's the corrected version of my posts yesterday. Hi! everyone, I'm a new member and i'm really interested to improve my English as a second language. Verb tenses confuses me. Hope you can help me about this subject. Here's my question and please correct me about my sentence too so that i'll know if i write my sentences correctly. What verb tenses to use when i'm telling a story about my baby that happend this morning. Then, me and my sister will gonna talk about it in the afternoon. What's the format? Am i going to use the present tense? present perfect tense? or past progressive?. It's confusing.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Thank you for a quick reply, moderator.
Your desire to be polite is appreciated, but we don't use titles here. I'm 5jj.
Here's the corrected version of my posts yesterday. Hi! everyone, I'm a new member and [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I'm really interested [STRIKE]to improve[/STRIKE] in improving my English as a second language. Verb tenses confuse[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] me. [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]H[/STRIKE] hope you can help me about this subject. Here's my question; [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] please correct me about my sentence too, so that [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I'll know if i write my sentences correctly. What verb tenses [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] should/can/do I use when i'm telling a story about my baby that happened this morning. Then, [STRIKE]me and[/STRIKE] my sister and I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]gonna[/STRIKE] are going to talk about it in the afternoon. What's the format? Am i going to use the present tense[STRIKE]?[/STRIKE], present perfect tense[STRIKE]?[/STRIKE] or past progressive?. It's confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.