• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • United States

sentence

Please this is my first time using the site . My question to you is if I want to write couple of sentence would you be able to correct for me the grammar vocabulary,and so on correct me on how this sentence should be written.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Florasar View Post
    Please Hello, this is my first time using the site . My question to you is if I want to write a couple of sentences, would you be able to correct the grammar and vocabulary for me? for me the grammar vocabulary,and so on Please help me correct me on how this sentence should be written.

Small steps. There is much to learn. Please see the changes made.

When starting a post or ending a post, it's always nice to have a greeting and a thanks.

Cheers
    I'm not a teacher yet, but I am studying a Bachelor of Education with an English Literature major at Charles Sturt University, in NSW, Australia.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Florasar, your profile says you are an English teacher. I think that must be a mistake that you need to amend, judging by the standard of your written English in your post.

Please submit work for correction to the Editing & Writing Topics forum.

I disagree with Haniballl; a greeting and thanks are unnecessary. Just click the Like button when you get an answer you find helpful.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post

I disagree with Haniballl; a greeting and thanks are unnecessary. Just click the Like button when you get an answer you find helpful.

Having a greeting and thanks in the first post will help learners learn just as much as any reply will. It also teaches a certain etiquette that's expected when communicating in English.

Personally, I detest the 'like' feature.

I only use it because it's the only way this site will allow me to show my appreciation.
    I'm not a teacher yet, but I am studying a Bachelor of Education with an English Literature major at Charles Sturt University, in NSW, Australia.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by HanibalII View Post
    Having a greeting and thanks in the first post will help learners learn just as much as any reply will. It also teaches a certain etiquette that's expected when communicating in English.
    A 'please' and/or 'thank you' in the original post are welcome, but greetings are not part of the etiquette of most Q & A forums.
    Personally, I detest the 'like' feature.

I only use it because it's the only way this site will allow me to show my appreciation.
    As Rover has explained so many times, “Instead of sending your thanks in a separate message, just click the Like button please.

The reason is that it is flagged as a new post, so we think you might have a follow-up question or something to add. Those of us with slow connections and/or old computers have to waste valuable time waiting for it to appear.

Thank you.”

Rover got his 'please' and 'Thank you' in, without cluttering up the thread with a time-wasting extra post.