Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Is it common to say like this "because you're a famoous celebrity"? I think "The reson why you're a famous.." would be better.

16)Just because you're a famoous celebrity doesn't mean you can't take the time to help people in need...

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Is it common to say like this "because you're a famoous celebrity"? I think "The reson why you're a famous.." would be better.

16)Just because you're a famoous celebrity doesn't mean you can't take the time to help people in need...
No, it's not. But that's not what it says. It says, "Just because ...", which means you can't do something simply (just) because you're a celebrity.
How could "The reason why ..." fit this sentence?

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Okay, "the reason why" doesn't fit, but according to typical grammar, an adverb clause can't be a subject, you know. I think this is an out-of-grammar example.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Okay, "the reason why" doesn't fit, but according to typical grammar, an adverb clause can't be a subject, you know. I think this is an out-of-grammar example.
Yes, the grammar is dodgy. It means "The fact that you are a famous celebrity ..." That's the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.