Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Question!

    • Join Date: Feb 2006
    • Posts: 5

    Talking Question!

    This has been driving me crazy all day.

    I'm trying to think of the technical term used for the embellished artistic capital letter that's placed at the beginning of a paragraph ... very common in fairy tales etc...

    one letter... sometimes has vines or snakes all over it. A little artsy picture instead of just a plain old letter.

    Can anybody tell me what the name for this is?!?!?!

    I'm going nuts!

  1. #2

    Re: Question!

    It's called a "decorative initial"

    Not very interesting is it? But that's it

Similar Threads

  1. Question with a Question
    By Kristin in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-Jan-2006, 15:26
  2. Answering a question with a question
    By Sarah Shaw-Gray in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-Jan-2006, 14:33
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-May-2005, 14:02
  4. Might question tag
    By queenmaabd in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-Jan-2005, 03:25


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts